• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

insufficient memory!! but not installed anything!!

hello101

Aug 30, 2010
Hi guys,

I am desperate for some help.
I just bought t he galaxy s3 today and downloaded my contacts and pictures. But now the phone keeps saying that I have insufficient memory to install anything else!!

I really dont know what to do. I was hoping I would get away from this problem by getting rid of the desire but this is worse than the desire!!

I have a 32 gb card and the phione is 16gb.

Please please can somebody help me! I really feel like crying just now!:(

thanks for replying.

hope this works

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-06-18-23-35-55.png
    Screenshot_2012-06-18-23-35-55.png
    35.2 KB · Views: 171
Upvote 0
Ok, sounds like a bit of an odd one this but here are a few suggestions.

If you have a micro sd adapter, remove the sd card, insert into the adapter, plug into a pc/laptop. Goto start > computer > right click on the drive and select properties. Check the drives file format, I believe it should be exfat.

With the sd card back in your S3 you can try the unmouting option and then remount the card and see if that makes a difference. (via storage page in settings)

If your confident that your sd card is blank or has little data on it, you could try to format it through the phone (again via storage page in settings)

I would also recommend you try a firmware update (home screen, options, settings, scroll to bottom, about phone, and then software update)

Lastly, you can try a factory reset, this has been k select nown to fix various issues, and could possibly work for you. (options, settings, backup & reset)

Admittedly these mostly troubleshoot the sd card, with the exception of the firmware update, and phone reset, but that's about all I have for now, I hope someone else can shed more light for you.

Upvote 0
Your sd card is not being used, it has all it storage left. However, you still have 10gb left of internal storage, so you still have lots of space. You could try formating the sd card, but this wouldn't effect the internal storage. So, I would try a factory reset.

EDIT. I have had both go sms and handecent installed at once, and have not had any problems.

Upvote 0
When does the problem occur? When you try to download something from the Play Store? In that case, try downloading something remotely. Put your phone on Wi-fi. Then, using the computer, go to the desktop version of Google Play, log in, and then install something from there. If it works, then there's a problem with the Play Store on your device.

I had the same issue, so I searched on Google, and they I actually solved it. They suggest you to use Lucky Patcher. Once installed, you need to go on "Option > More > Troubleshooting > Remove Fixes and backups" and then try again and see if you can download apps from the Play Shop.

Upvote 0
thats what my brother said and he prompted me to stop using back up pro. I used to restore from the memory card with the desire but this time i did it from online. initially i did photos and contacts. then just contact.

I went and chose the factory reset on the phone so wiped everything and started again. This time i managed to install handcent, go sms, (deleted handcent afte) and loads of other things so far.......:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones