Insufficient space when downloading app from android marketSupport

Last Updated:

1. ckyou

ckyou New Member

Hi, please help !!

After I root my wildfire and install the CyanogenMod I have the problem downloading app from android market.

When I try to download app (any apps) from android market, an error message "Error while downloading (app name). There is insufficient space on the device." displayed.

I check the Internal storage at my phone, it show that I have 123MB available space and total space is 175MB.

2. ChryzaorFlux

ChryzaorFlux Well-Known Member

Hmm maybe you might need to re-flash your ROM, but save your backup for files and stuff via copy and paste to your computer or use MyBackup or other backup apps
    Dont do a nandroid backup because there isnt a point

I'm running the same ROM as you as i havent had any problems so far
  3. silencecres

silencecres New Member

Hi All,

I also have the same problem, unable to download a 32MB app from market due to " error while downloading.. there is insufficient space on the device" which it is not true I have morethen enough storage. I even send in my phone for re-service LOL...

Solution to the above problem:

Uninstall the new update for android market, and use the old version android market.
    ChryzaorFlux likes this.
  4. xFrozen

xFrozen Member

After days and days of trying various solutions that all failed, I finally found something that works! An app called MarketFix!
    praest76 likes this.
  5. Android1010

Android1010 New Member

Brilliant..... such a simple fix, I was getting so angry. :)

6. vishalvishwa

vishalvishwa New Member

rom manager > fix permissions.
    worked for me :D
  7. spiritualflow

spiritualflow New Member

I Downloaded this and it said I need ROOT access, does this mean I have to factory reset it or something?
  8. mightbesomeone

mightbesomeone New Member

I tried downloading market fix, but, it's telling me I don't have enough space to download IT.