Insufficient space

Last Updated:

1. ziko

ziko Member This Topic's Starter

Hi

I am using a Desire.
    Was wondering why is there such a low space in the phone memory?? I cannot hold more than 5 applications and the phone says i am running low on space...
    Is there any specific files I can delete without damaging my operating system?

Thanks.

Advertisement
    SGS2 likes this.
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

No. There should be about 148MB space for apps. What have you installed? 5 is a small amount of apps, considering most are 1MB or less in space.

3. Jammy

Jammy Well-Known Member

Look into Apps2SD+.

It will store your applications on a partition of your SD card.

4. teppic74

teppic74 Well-Known Member

You shouldn't need A2SD+ after installing just a couple of apps. I have something like 15 and I still have about 100mb free.

5. illusionz

illusionz Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is a Sense bug I think.

I have an HTC Incredible and I get this error every day.

Installing apps to the SD card has nothing to do with the error.

Delete your cache and data from the htc mail app.

That doesn't fix it all the time, but most of the time it does.

6. SGS2

SGS2 Well-Known Member

9/17/2011

hi.

i have the same issue with a 2.2 froyo rooted captivate.

i am not going to list my memory capacities as i have murdered all bloatware, and trust me, i have plenty of memory, internal, internal sd card, and the external sd card i have installed. i do not have a large amount of installed apps from market; maybe 10.

i am using busybox donate, titanium backup * root, titanium pro key * root, superuser and superuser elite.

bottom line, the INSUFFICIENT SPACE error, for me, was and is false. for me, it was a false error, and yet i still get it everytime i download an app. i have cleaned cache, i have forced closed all apps possible, bla, bla, bla. nothing worked.

i found, after wasting many hours of useless efforts, if i just turned my phone off, removed my battery, and then on again, every new app i downloaded was and is successful. this has worked every time i got the false error message.

why? i do not know. as i said, i have very few apps, and all apps (except titanium backup which is not supposed to be on your sd card per the developer who i directly asked) that i do have are on my external sd card.

the error is a lie, at least for me, as i have plenty of internal memory.

edit: it just dawned on me - since i close a lot of unused/running apps, and using the samsung stock task manager app, in addition to another cache cleaner, and killing/closing apps, i may be closing an internal app which may tell market if there is enough space available.

i think this may be why the insufficient space error comes up, since when i turn my phone off, then back on, i do NOT close any apps, i just go directly into market and try to download a new app, and this has always worked... i do not know what app i have closed or killed that causes the insufficient space error.....

myself - i would rather end needlessly running apps and save my ram, battery and cpu, and the few times i download a new app, i just turn off, then on, and problem solved.

for me, i don't mind the extra steps since overall i prefer to force close unneeded apps..