Insufficient storage space problem

1. ankitrohilla

ankitrohilla New Member

A month ago, I installed Angry Birds Star Wars 38 mb when I had 59 mb available internal storage without a problem.
    Now, due to some reasons, I had to uninstall all apps and now I am installing Angry Birds Star Wars with 71 mb available internal storage, It says "INSUFFICIENT STORAGE SPACE ON DEVICE".

The same phone, same configuration - whats the problem?

Advertisement
  2. sleppingman

sleppingman New Member

I believe this has to do with some "app leftovers" that are left even when you uninstall the app. But I'm going to bookmark this, cuz I don't really know how to solve your problem, but I'm curious.
  3. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

Settings > Applications > Manage > clear data on suspect apps, see if that helps.
  4. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

Most game apps install additional files, that you might not know about. The market only tells you the apk file size, but not the additional files to run the app. You will need a good file management app like "ES File Explorer" to veiw the files on you phone and their size. Most game apps store the files under "Android" or they create their own folder. But be careful when deleting files, so that you don't delete the wrong folder. Also, as pointed out, the additional files are not always removed when you uninstall an app. You will have to do it manually.
  5. RyanB

RyanB Distributor of Awesome VIP Member

OP, you can also try using a cache-cleaner to eliminate stored data (like web pages in your browser). This is the one I've used in the past.