Insured Droid killed by car. Best way to replace it?

Last Updated:

1. Bobo

Bobo Active Member This Topic's Starter

Double post sorry Ignore. Couldn't find how to deleteTook a ride on my motorcycle last night with Droid in clip on case on my pocket. Drove about 1 1/2 miles when I realized it had fallen out of its holder. I back tracked and found nothing. Then my wife and I took my truck and went along the same route-nothing. Then (at this point mainly worrying about all the data in it if someone had picked it up) I walked with a flashlight the whole route while looking off the side of the road-still nothing. This morning I decided to take my bicycle and give it another try. About 1 mile from my house I spotted the rubber protector that surrounds the screen still near the edge of the road. I got off the bike and found the main section in a hedge so I have the battery and sim card. About 30 ft further I found the screen folded over and crushed. So I guess the battery and card might be ok but the rest is trashed. This one is insured by Asurion with an $89. deductible. (I ran over my previous Droid with my riding mower just this last May and I had to pay full price for a new one as it was not insured). I started a claim online with Asurion and the Droids are on backorder according to the site. I did this last night and reported it lost and possibly then stolen. Now at least I have the pieces.Does anyone think I might have a chance to get it replaced at the Verizon store? Or is that just a pipe dream? I'm open to suggestions. And yup, sometimes I just suck:mad:

Advertisement
  2. jdsingle

jdsingle Well-Known Member

Just replied to your other thread. In the future you don't need to make two threads that are the same to get your question answered.

3. androidlover14

androidlover14 Well-Known Member

If you have insurance I suggest heading over to the nearest Verizon store and asking for a replacement. Heard on Engadget that Verizon is even offering a Droid 2 as a replacement so hopefully you can stand that "Motoblur" crap that is on it.

4. Bobo

Yes, Sorry. I didn't mean to do that. I posted it but then could not find it in the forum so I thought I did something wrong. Went back later and there it was. Tried to delete it but couldn't find how to do it But thanks.

5. Bobo

I was on the phone with Asurion after not having any luck at the Verizon store. I had to talk to 3 different people. Finally on the 3rd try the superviisor said we have some Incredibles that we can replace it with. I never cared for the slide out keyboard that much so I guess it will be OK? They wanted to offer me about 5 different phones and because of this forum I was able to tell them that they were all downgrades. I told him I'd sacrifice the keyboard since the rest of the phone was a slight upgrade. At least thats the conclusion I came up with. I still have my "SD" card which I guess is larger than the one in the stock Incredible which I can use (according to the lady at Verizon) Of course that assumes that it still works after being run over. It looks ok:eek:

6. obutto

obutto Well-Known Member

Take the Incredible. Its a good phone, better than downgrading. Good luck with your new phone!