int main() { printf("hello, world"); return 0; }

Last Updated:

1. Phylum

Phylum New Member This Topic's Starter

Alright so the title is a bit misleading as I don't code in C but I dabble a bit here and there.

I recently joined the the community due to my growing interest in Android. Its come a long way, gained a lot of momentum and I really like not only what Google is doing but also the community. In my humble opinion, its the fellow dabblers and those supporting Android that have have made it what it is today, and what it will be tomorrow. I'll try not to make an ID 10-T of myself and scour the forums, and Google, Bing - whatever, before I post something.

Bit of History
    I work in IT and my primary responsibilities include
    • software packaging and deployment (via batch, vbscript, powershell)
    • workstation imaging (2500+ user community using Ghost and MDT 2010)
    • manging & maintaining the login script and group policies
    • and other things that fall within the enterprise systems engineering field

If you too work in this field, I'd like to hear from you. If you need help, let me know I'll do what I can.

Objectives
    So I'm a man of function usually looking for something that can do this that and the other. I was?am? very interested in the HTC EVO, but I don't like the fact that its a CDMA phone (and network). Its not the technology or type of network that bothers me, but as far as I know, there are far less unlocked CDMA phones, and there's more work involved in getting one to work with Sprint (Verizon etc) than with a GSM provider like T-Mo (my current provider) or AT&T etc. But I'd like an HTC EVO-esque phone.
    I've thought about picking up an HD2 (available for $49.99 on Amazon at this time) but its WinMo, and from what I understand not everything works fabulously on the Android 'ports.' I'm a split personality multimedia & remote access user so WiFi, 3G, and decent sized screen are of great importance to me. (I sometimes like to work via Citrix while I'm on the go and occasionally I like to bang out some code real quick.)
    Suffice to say, at this time, I'm eyeballing the Nexus One, myTouch 3G [slide perhaps?] Sony X10 - unless there's an EVO GSM equivalent coming out in the near future (read: Q3, maybe early Q4).

I'm open to suggestions. Cheers all!

Advertisement
  2. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

Closest GSM equivalent will be the Samsung Galaxy S I think...looks like a really slick phone.