• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Integrated apps vs individual apps

DannyNvrr

Lurker
Jun 26, 2012
Hello everyone, I'm kinda new here.

I came with a question that's been bothering me for a few days...

I wonder if It's better to have several individual social networking apps (Twitter, Friendcaster Pro and Instagram) that have working push notifications so I don't have to set them to refresh every 5 minutes than one app that Integrates all services (SocialScope, Tweetdeck) that uses pull notifications and has to check the servers every 10 minutes so I can get "near immediate" notifications.

Which option is better battery life wise and MB saving wise.

I've asked around twitter on some local accounts in Venezuela but I'm getting mixed opinions and I was wondering if the biggest android community on the net could give me a clearer answer!

Thanks! :)

battery life wise, integrated is better, since only one app checks. And push notifications eat more battery than interval refresh.

Even if I set the interval refresh to 5 min? Also, could you recommend on of this apps? I'm currently trying SocialScop and I like it but it is still in beta and the notifications sometimes don't show up on time.

Upvote 0
I have gone against everything I believe in and have multiple apps LOL.

I just re-downloaded Socialscope; used it since my BB days, and the new update makes it even better. The only thing missing (for me) is multiple twitter account management, FB pages management and possibly scheduling tweets. I do love the combined feed for Twitter, FB, Instagram, Tumblr and 4Square.

I also have Tweetcaster Pro (scheduled posts and beautiful UI) and Seesmic (FB pages and multiple Twitter accounts).

I have ample space, so hey. I am trying to move towards Socialscope, but I just might keep the others for their specific niches.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones