1. HUGE Androidforums.com UPDATE! Learn what's new (and download the new app!)
    Dismiss Notice

integrated contacts/dialing/calendar app on moto android phone?

Last Updated:

1. motojames

motojames New Member This Topic's Starter

hi all.

i just got my motorola droid.

sorry if this is a rehash of earlier threads, but i did a search and couldn't find anything that addressed my specific questions.

so. first. i don't want my contacts and my calendar to be synched with google online. i would like to them to live solely on my phone (and one of my computers if necessary).

secondly, it would be great if there were an all-inclusive app that drew on your contacts to post, say, a contact's birthday directly to your calendar, and also allowed you to use that contact's information to dial them up on the phone, msg them, email them, etc.

does anyone know of such an application(s) for the android operating system that does not require you to post your personal contact and calendar information out on the internet?

i have access to both windows xp and mac os x v 4.11, if a computer is required to sync with.

thanks for your expertise and experience.

Advertisement
  2. nightfishing

nightfishing Well-Known Member

Not Sync'ing with Google is going to cut productivity (and enjoyment) of an Android phone substantially.

You probably would be happier with a bb/palm/winmo phone if you refuse to use Google services.

3. RTAdams89

RTAdams89 Well-Known Member

But, you can go into the settings -> accounts & sync and adjust what gets synced there. Android already has the built in ability to look up a contact and message/phone/email them so I'm not sure what you are getting at there...

4. motojames

motojames New Member This Topic's Starter

so...this might be obvious, but i'll ask anyway...if "sync is OFF" appears under my gmail account, my contacts and calendar stay on my phone and do not get uploaded to google online (unless i choose to manually sync)...?

i'm just looking to keep that information on my private devices (my phone and/or computer). i LOVE my droid for other reasons. i guess the only requirement that leaves out is that birthdays of contacts will have to be manually input to the android calendar instead of being automatically synched between the contact app and the calendar app...

thanks for your help.

5. RTAdams89

RTAdams89 Well-Known Member

Yep

You can probably find an app to do this here: birthday contacts