Integrated SMS/call view with Google Voice?Support

Last Updated:

1. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

This is probably more of a general Sense/Android question, but the Incredible is the phone I'm looking at replacing my iPhone with, so I thought I'd start here.

One of the things that drives me up a wall with my iPhone is that I have no integration between Google Voice and the functions performed by the native phone. I am not interested in moving all of my contacts over to using my Google Voice number until the voice delay issue is resolved, but I love using GV for my work contacts because I can control how/when they can get in touch with me.

With Android, is the call log unified so that calls placed through GV and calls placed through my regular dialer appear in the same recent calls list - and as the contact I dialed, not some random number that GV is using for routing?

And, the same question for SMS - I don't think the stock messenger app allows this, but does any app allow for a unified view for SMS? The SMS view is less of an issue, I just figure some bright mind would have thought of this.

Advertisement
  2. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Yes yes! The call log is unified, it shows the numbers you dialed. No, it doesn't the number GV routes, but it would briefly show you whenever you make a call, then disappear, and it doesn't stay in the log.

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

It's a Google phone, and Google Voice integration is phenominal! When placing a call, you get a prompt "call with Google Voice" or "call without Google Voice"? Alternatively you can have it always use voice, or never use voice. It's great!

Texting is done via a seperate app, not the default SMS app. Notifications are snappy, and come through faster than Chrome's notifications.

4. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys. Yes, I knew that it handled calling exactly as I wanted it to - ask me what I want to make the call with - and integrated well.

I just wanted to make sure that the call log was unified. I think the random numbers showing up in my iPhone's call log (whatever number GV chose to route that particular phone call) are obnoxious and it makes it so I can't ever tell who I called without checking my separate GV call log.

Too bad about the SMS. I figure someone out there must want what I want: everything to be unified when reviewing the histories on the phone, but without having to actually force everyone through one number or the other.