Integration with GrandCentralGeneral

Last Updated:

1. grahamsz

grahamsz Active Member This Topic's Starter

It just occurred to me that none of the demo's of the G1 show how it integrates with Grand Central.

I'd think that'd have to be one of the more obvious things to integrate with, since i've already got my phonebook and voicemail on a google service - yet i haven't heard about it.

How does it work, or am I going to have to do that integration myself?

Graham

Advertisement
  2. grahamsz

grahamsz Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well i got my phone today and there's no sign of any grand central integration - that's a little disapointing

3. Masonator

Masonator Well-Known Member

Its just hit the marketplace now... Is there any invites out there? PM Me please!

4. sleebus.jones

sleebus.jones Well-Known Member

AFAIK, they are not doing invites anymore. However, I've also heard that if you sign up to reserve a number, several people are getting responses in a few days with account info. It's worth a shot.

5. Masonator

Masonator Well-Known Member

not available in the uk yet. so annoying. :(

6. richy240

richy240 Well-Known Member

The GrandCentral app that hit the Market isn't an official Google product though, so there is no formal GC integration. It works though; I tested it by calling a couple different numbers and it works great. Kinda slow to place the call, but it works.

7. ceej90

ceej90 New Member

It is obvious why it would be slow, because GrandCentral doesn't provide an API. G1 Central has it own http client which logs into grandcentral.com/mobile and essentially clicks on the same links you would click on to place calls. Anybody can check out the public svn for G1 Central and see for themselves.

This application has the potential to add much needed functionality to GrandCentral. It would be possible to import contacts with this application, for example.