Intenet Browsing stops working intermittentlySupport

Last Updated:

1. richecker

richecker New Member This Topic's Starter

I am tempted to take my moment back despite liking it so much. Recently, when I was using the browser or anything that uses the 3g connection, it would just stop communicating and nothing would get loaded. If I waited a while (an hour) it would sometimes come back or I would have to do a reboot in order to get back the connection. Anyone else running into this problem? What should I do?

Advertisement
  2. indiana jones

indiana jones Well-Known Member

i had this problem also. progress bar moves about a inch then it hangs. i switched over to dolphin browser. that seemed to take care of the problem. i like dolphin browser much better. make sure you tweak it to your liking you prob wont go back.

3. richecker

richecker New Member This Topic's Starter

Ill give it a shot, but am pretty sure this is also happening on other applications such as facebook/market. Ill have to do some further testing and see if I can recreate the problem to verify this is indeed happening all across.

4. professoroffruit

professoroffruit Member

I have this same problem across all internet apps, even in dolphin. I have to restart mine every time this happens.

5. agent0014

agent0014 Well-Known Member

can you still make calls when this happens?

6. mojonator

mojonator Member

I too just started having this same problem. I am using the dolphin browser. What seems to work for me is to shut down the browser with a task killer and hit the red call end button to put the phone to sleep for a few seconds, then fire it up again and the data connection is usually back.

7. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Sounds like a network / coverage problem.

My wife had problems with her Palm Centro at certain times too, and it's all network related. I doubt a new phone would help.

As mentioned above, try putting the phone into "airplane mode" and then take it out of airplane mode. Hopefully that will cause the phone to pick up the proper 3G network signal. It worked for me a couple of times when it happened, when I was traveling and in a spotty area.

8. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Well-Known Member

Bingo...me too and that is how I solved it....another reason for a task killer app!

9. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

you need to update your PRL and profile that might help a lot goto settings>about phone>system update>update PRL after you do that goto update profile witch is right above update PRL and also if the update PRL doesn't work press it again until it says its successful

10. meangene

meangene Well-Known Member

Same issues here, mostly in the market. Took 1 hour to download a couple different 500k apps yesterday. Resetting the phone didn't help. I'm thinking it's either a network issue or a glitch that the update might fix.

11. snuckles

snuckles Member

Same thing here, just started yesterday. I tried to bring up MyCoupons and it just sat at the loading screen. This morning I tried MyCoupons again, same thing stucking at loading screen. I used a task killer to kill the program and brought it back up, loaded like a charm. What is up with that???

12. NOMster

NOMster Well-Known Member

+1 same thing happening to me. just started last couple days. since i updated to cl14.

13. boiker

boiker Member

Mines been doing this with the initial release. My EVDO "upstream" arrow will stay white, the downstream arrow is gray. The phone will connect to a phone call, but will not escape the EVDO icon. When hanging up, the phone wouldn't disconnect the phone call-- or at least appeared to not. Web browsing still didn't work, EVDO still showed a constant white upstream arrow and putting the phone into airplane mode changed nothing other than the phone reporting it was in airplane mode in the menu option. EVDO was still upstream active.

I had to take the battery out to reset the radio/phone. This has happened a couple time for no apparent reason.

14. NegusDropout

NegusDropout Member

This has seemed to happen a few times to me too. I pretty much did a battery pull and hoped for the best. It sometimes makes me want a hero but, I need this hw kb. I hate on-screen keyboards. Its starting to sound like a bug in our firmware and hopefully 2.1 will fix it.

15. serotonin4

serotonin4 New Member

it was happening to my browser but since i have ignored most apps in the killer applications it has stopped doing that

16. eldiablojefe

eldiablojefe Active Member

My phone does the exact same thing, although a power cycle will restore functionality for me. Sometimes clearing cookies will work also, but I have more success just powering down and restarting the phone.

17. decalex

decalex Well-Known Member

I've noticed this a LOT more since I updated to CL14 yesterday.. very annoying. It keeps getting trapped in 1x mode. I've been doing the airplane mode trick, but I'd like a better fix.

18. NOMster

Becoming a lot more commmon now. About every 5th page load. Airplane mode trick doesn't work anymore either. It just gets stuck trying to switch and I have to power cycle anyway.

19. N*TE

N*TE Well-Known Member

this seems to have done the trick for me!!

20. joshpdavis80

joshpdavis80 Active Member

Updating PRL and Profile did not fix it for me. I am thinking about using the regulatory charge excuse to get out of my contract without ant etf and then change phones. This is BS!

21. NOMster

The only thing that works for me is power cycle. And it is becoming quite a PITA.

22. Cirga

Cirga Well-Known Member

Notice the posts in this thread began "before" the update. Please stop correlating an issue that is probably related to some other problem with the update that just occured.

If that was happening to me I would be at the sprint store until they fixed it.

23. boiker

boiker Member

After CL14, I've had my EVDO/CDMA lock and force the phone into airplane mode. Most recently, yesterday I was attempting to use Sprint Navigation on my commute home. I was running Sprint Nav (no GPS lock was attained), the data abruptly stopped downloading, no phone calls could be connected and the phone popped into airplane mode shortly after. It couldn't be knocked out of airplane mode until I powered the phone off and rebooted.

Later that night, I was surfing the web while in bed and the EVDO upstream arrow locked on and the same process as above followed.

Edit: Also, the PRL/Profile updates didn't resolve the issue.

24. ABH

ABH Well-Known Member

I noticed this problem when combining Dolphin 2.0 and CL14. I stopped using Dolphin and I haven't had the problem again.

The stock browser isn't as pretty, but it does what I need.

25. NOMster

I'm using steel and it was doing it to me. Finally found a fix to keep it from happening. but u have to rooted. I am running z09.2 with zefies cl14 downloaded setcpu and set the minimum while awake to 400. It hasn't done it since.