• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Intents resolve queation.

Reviwing android documents about intents, I got curious. As you all know you declare intent filters in the mafifest file to suit your needs using things like 'android.intent.action.MAIN', 'android.intent.action.VIEW', 'android.intent.action.EDIT'. And these are resolved. The thing is, attributes like 'android.intent.action.MAIN', 'android.intent.action.EDIT' are resolved as 'android.app.action.action.MAIN', 'android.app.action.EDIT', changing intent to app. But the attributes like 'action.intent.action.VIEW' doesn't change after it is resolved. I don't understand why and on what principal this difference happens. I've searched here and on the web for the answers but still can't find the explaination for this. Could someone please tell me what makes this difference?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones