Interacting with car bluetoothTips

1. AdamHorton

AdamHorton Member

I'm wondering if there's a way to configure some settings that take effect when I connect to my car's bluetooth system. My car is bluetooth-enabled and I'm very happy with most of the interface for that, but there are a few things I wish I could configure. Is this possible?

Whenever I start my car and the phone automatically connects, the default behavior is to open up the music player on my phone and play the only two songs it knows: one that came with the phone, and my custom ringtone. As you can imagine, this might be confusing because I sometimes think someone is calling me. It would be nice if I could configure the default behavior for this so that I could maybe open Pandora instead, or doing nothing would be nice as well. Maybe I could have it turn on that "car mode" that looks so appropriate whenever I'm connected to my car! Can this be done?

Speaking of my Pandora app, is there any way to disable the lock screen controls for that? I find that most of the time I don't want to use them (not all the time, but particularly when I'm in the car.)

Advertisement