Interaction between two users

Last Updated:

1. Zivc

Zivc New Member

sorry for my bad english...

I want to make a game that one player can send information to another player.
    something similar to the concept of 'DrawSomething'.

i want the game to be played turn by turn and when one player finishes his turn the other will get a notification or something and play his turn.

i hope you understand the general idea..

the problem is I can't find the way to do this in app inventor..
    does anyone know? thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Tramontana

Tramontana Active Member

I know nothing about App Inventor, but if you're talking about communicating between different devices I can think of three ways:

1 Set up a website that each phone talks to, which relays messages from one to another. This is probably best done in PHP and requires a certain amount of experience with website coding as you need to handle logins and other stuff.

2 If you're on the same local router (i.e. sharing a wifi point) you can connect directly using sockets. But you'll need to know the IP address of each device, which may be difficult to discover and it can change each time you connect.

3 Use multicast networking - again if you're all on the same local network. Years ago I wrote a Java library that does a complete job, allowing Java-enabled devices to automatically discover each other and send messages. I tested it recently and it works on Android. It's part of a larger package but it may be possible unhitch it without too much effort.