1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Intercept Root Apk and Recovery flasher

Last Updated:

1. EdAndInn

EdAndInn Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    Sanguine6 likes this.
  2. dudleesmuk

dudleesmuk Well-Known Member

it works. ty developers. u Guys role.

3. pompei

pompei New Member

hi im new to this site and new to rooting. i just rooted using this method but now i want to use custom recovery but im not sure how to go about doing so i went to install recovery and i reboots into cm recovery v2.5.1.0 & os internal and im sure what to do next. I'm being real carefull i dont want brick my phone but i think i click on back up and restore not sure tho .Also after i back up i want to start customizing my vm intercept what would my next steps b n where can i find the custom rom ,kernal etc strictly for the vm intercept i have googled all my questions but im such a noob im not fully understanding the info given hoping u guys can offer some help again thanks for the assistance so far and thanks to sdx for wrk u guys have done cant wait to push my phone to its limits if anybody can help i would really appreciate it thanks in advance

4. leonard26

leonard26 Active Member

This method works great, I have 2.1 with a Sprint baseband and temp root works great, thanks.

5. dudleesmuk

dudleesmuk Well-Known Member

i have used this method for rooting and im running crapkernel. i was wondering if there is a better kernel i could download. im totaly happy with this 1 but if there is a better 1 then why not use it. ty in advance.

6. soy.lor.n

soy.lor.n Well-Known Member

I just wanted to reiterate how amazing this root method is. I tried two or three different methods to root, with mild success.

I'm a pretty tech savvy person in general, although not a phone expert by any means- but I'm certainly not used to doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. (I hear that's the definition of insanity, or biology.) One of the things I tried was superoneclick which other people had success with, and it worked for me like one time out of a hundred, and I have no idea what made that one time special.
    This app on the other hand just worked on the first time! Had root in like 2 minutes - and most of that time was spent downloading the apk.

I haven't restarted the phone yet, so I can't be sure if I can get permanent root, but I really only need it for occasional tethering for my nook color, and if I have to spend 30 seconds to root before tethering I can totally deal with that.

Yay so happy! Thanks guys!

7. carriong

carriong New Member

does anyone know how to forward a text conversation to email?

8. Websurfer295

Websurfer295 Member

9. kcmartz

kcmartz Well-Known Member

If you don't understand what ROOT is, I would suggest not being rooted. If you're not careful you can completely and permanently RUIN your phone.

10. kcmartz

kcmartz Well-Known Member

Worked for me :D

11. superfly071293

superfly071293 Member

My uncle tried to root my samsung intercept 2.2. I don't know exactly what he did but in the process he managed to break my phone. When I tried to turn on my phone it would remain black and vibate. :mad: I replaced the phone and now have a new samsung intercept 2.2. I am worried this is going to happen again if I try to root it. Do I have to wait a while after I buy the phone for the rooting to work? Does intercept root apk and recovery flasher really work on the samsung intercept 2.2?

12. superfly071293

superfly071293 Member

Just wanted to update my last post to say I finally got up enough courage to try this root, and it WORKS!! Super easy the only problem is that it does not automatically install superuser, but that is okay because I found it online and am now going to flash a new rom!

13. superfly071293

superfly071293 Member

Go to [GUIDE] - How to install Custom Kernel/ROM on your Intercept using CM01 Recovery
    This should tell you everything you need to know, but be EXTREMELY careful and do exactly what they say. I would suggest the bROM. Hope this works!!

14. nsciucco

nsciucco Well-Known Member

it worked really well for me ... super easy, I downloaded the file right from my phone. no need to connect to a pc

15. AirCatHeavy

AirCatHeavy Well-Known Member

When I visit the site, there is an update that says this no longer works as of Feb 2012.

16. Dupiche

Dupiche New Member

It doesnt work for me... I used to have root but after android update all root attempt and installation has failed. I have a samsung transform ultra.
    Android Ver 2.3.6
    I've tried eveything
    :mad: