Intercept WiFi SpeedsSupport

Last Updated:

1. Darkseas

Darkseas Well-Known Member

I haven't been overly impressed with my WiFi upload and download speeds -- very disappointed actually. I have a FiOS connection that is 25/25 Mbps, and I get almost exactly that up using Verizon's measurement. I get somewhat less, maybe 25/20 using (for which there is an Android app).

Using my laptop's WiFi, Verizon still gives about 25/24. Speedtest results are high on the download and somewhere between 14-18 on the upload.

Speedtest on my Intercept is somewhere around 12/1. It's not like I do a lot of uploading, but 1 Mbps? That's pathetic!

My wife's Droid X is slower than the laptop, usually somewhere around 17/12.

Has anyone seen similar poor results with the intercept? And if you saw it and improved it, what did you do?

Phone is showing all half-circles for WiFi strength as I tested it and the laptop about 3' from the router.

2. JALStudios

JALStudios Well-Known Member

I would suggest Rooting your Intercept with the BROM. This Rom has faster 3g/Wifi speeds. Plus it has a better battery life and you can overclock your phone's processor to run MUCH MUCH faster.