theblackvirus Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
  2. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Well-Known Member

standard batteries are on sale 19.99 on verizon's site right now
  3. MrB206

MrB206 Well-Known Member

Yea, but the stock is 1830 mAh for $20 and the Hyperion is 1900 mAh for $8 ($12 when you include shipping). I don't know anything about Hyperion, but that seems like a no-brainer for a quick replacement.
    Of course, I get 25% off accessories from VZ, so I would probably just stick with stock. ANyone know if the extended battery and cover will fit the silicone case? I might consider getting one.
  4. hollywoods14

hollywoods14 Well-Known Member

extended are on sale for $25 right now... im considering it, but im sure the silicone case wont fit.
  5. theblackvirus

I'd also like to find a separate charger for the spare. I had a pretty nice desktop charger for my tbolt that I got from Verizon for $5. Haven't found a good deal like that yet for the spec
  6. real0325

real0325 Well-Known Member

Last time I went to the vz store they had none period. In store, online , nor the warehouse.
  7. real0325

real0325 Well-Known Member

I have the Hyperion two batts and chager, good brand, also had 4000 mah for the bionic.
  8. mrmooney

mrmooney Well-Known Member

Yup I have the extended for my phone got it when I bought the phone a few months back. My wife wanted one and there sold out nation wide according to my buddy at the verizon store, bummer.
  9. TheBigKahuna

TheBigKahuna Well-Known Member

There are several LG phones that uses the same batteries. Search by the battery model #. You can get two or three Hyperion batteries and a charger for around $25 last time I looked.
  10. str8blkcoffee

str8blkcoffee Active Member

11. kool kat2

kool kat2 Well-Known Member

When i had the spectrum i went to a Verizon store and they ordered it for me. $30 for the standard battery and dock that charges the extra battery.
  12. theblackvirus

I found the deal with the hyperion charger but a review said it takes 12 hours to charge one battery with it. No thanks.

I'm going to look into other lg phones that use same battery. I'll report back
  13. theblackvirus

14. finndo77

finndo77 Well-Known Member

Went to Verizon last weekend to try and get the extended battery, they were "out" (the rep told me this means the same as "never carried it") the warehouse was "out", the "backup warehouse" was "out", but it was still on sale and no they could not let me order one if it was not in one of the warehouses. It was not on sale online at Verizon.
  15. theblackvirus

Just more proof this phone doesn't get much love. Oh well
  16. kool kat2

kool kat2 Well-Known Member

Are you positive? Try chatting with a rep, i had trouble ordering a battery cover online and they fixed me right up.

Or you can order from LG i would assume.
  17. cloudstrafie

cloudstrafie Member

Anyone with the extended battery that vzw sold been having more issues with car home app coming on for no reason(i know this might not be the right place to ask) but thought i would try,talked to a vzw lvl 2 rep about it there was reports about it but most people had the stock battery,so figure i would ask here if anyone owned a extended battery and noticed more of a diffrence
  18. str8blkcoffee

str8blkcoffee Active Member

Ok, after having this battery for a few weeks I feel that I can evaluate it properly. I am a pretty heavy net user, I play games, surf, stream music, ect. I have't rooted my phone and although do run Juice Defender i am sure i am not setting it up the best I could. With that said the stock battery lasts me about 4 hours if I am lucky. With the new battery I get nearly 8 if I am not wearing out the 4G waves. The charger is quick and is rated 800mA off the USB. It has an indicator light that glows red when chargin and blue when charged and that is handy.

Shipping was very fast @ 2 days. I did discover that one of the contacts had broken off inside the charger so I dove in to fix and ended up breaking the cover being the heavy handed oaf I am. I found the problem and it was due to manufactoring, the fastener used was excess material the had been melted down on top of the brass contact. Pretty common but poorly executed here. I epoxied it back in place and once dried I replaced the cover and the repair worked.

While I was waiting of the epoxy to dried I dropped a note to the seller and told exactly what I just had written. I was ok if they didn't want to take the return since I opened the case and ruined it, but the seller replied that a new charger was in the mail-gratis. True to form in 2 days I recieved the new charger, so 2 big thumbs up. :star::star:

While I'd love to have the giant battery, if you don't want a bulge on the back of your phone this battery might just give you the extra powa you are looking for.
    IMUcarmen likes this.
  19. theblackvirus

Thanks for the update. I missed your original post about those batteries somehow otherwise I might have bought them already.
  20. IMUcarmen

IMUcarmen Well-Known Member

it appears this battery is no longer for sale :[ I really would like to order one since you say it's so much better than the stock battery.

nvm, I found another listing. I think i'm going ot order one of these tomorrow.