• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Interested in a Nexus 7

Quite honestly, asking that here you will get pretty much a "yes". If you asked that on Crackberry or an Apple site, you'd pretty much get a "no" (with expletives. :D)

Just decide what you need/want to do with a mobile device, but keep in mind that this is not a one device serves all.

Saying that, I say "yes" :D), You can't go wrong with the N7, IMO. The size is perfect, and if you read and try to understand the device, you will find you can do more with it than you had thought.

But be patient, read and learn. Don't get frustrated, and don't let someone else talk you out of it, or make the decision for you.

There is a lot of help out here and other places (forums) that will help you truly make the Nexus experience a great one!

Upvote 0
One of the biggest factors for me was the size. I've lugged my iPad around for a few years now and a more compact tablet seemed really appealing to me. The 10 looks great too though.

I lugged around my ipad for years, and I loved having that size. But I just got sick and tired of always having to have one hand to carry it. I just picked up a N7 and it's such a huge freedom to stick it in my pocket and have both my hands free. It's a compromise from the 10" screen, but everything in life is a compromise I suppose.

Upvote 0
I guess it's a little different for me since I have a jacket that has a pocket that can fit a MacBook air in it. A 10 tablet fits perfect there too - used to carry my Galaxy Tab 10.1 and my Xoom in it simultaneously at conventions. Pockets are the least of my worries.
Yeah if you have a suffecient way of transporting it I wouldn't worry about it either.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones