• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Interested in Isis?

AntimonyER

CHANGED FROM AF ADDICT MIKESTONY
Jun 18, 2010
Statesboro, GA
So I know it's a disappointment that Verizon insists on blocking Google Wallet tap and pay. But for those of us who really want the capability on our Verizon phone, here's a quick update on the details of Isis.

First you need a compatible phone. Here is the list:

Samsung Galaxy S4 mini
Samsung Galaxy S3 mini
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Casio Gz'One Commando 4G LTE
Hydro Elite by Kyocera
LG G2
Pantech Perception
DROID Ultra
DROID MAXX
DROID Mini
DROID RAZR M
HTC One? (see below)
HTC One Max
HTC DROID DNA

Once you have that, you will need to take a trip to your local Verizon store to get an enhanced Sim card with a secure element. You will also need the CSR to add the Isis feature to your account (it's free). While you are waiting in the store, go ahead and download the app from Google Play.

Currently, only American Express and Chase cards work with Isis. You will be able to set up an American Express Serve card (just as you do a Google Wallet prepaid card) if you don't have one of those, which you can then transfer money to.

Currently you can get the following offers when you sign up :

$25 Off Jambox at AT&T
3 free Cokes at Tap and Pay equipped vending machines
15 off 30 at Toys R Us
$10 off your purchase at Verizon Wireless
Free Smoothie at Jamba Juice

That's about it. :)

Reactions: hilmar2k
I don't get why the One Max has Isis support and the One doesn't.

Their site doesn't show as supporting it, but it seems the latest software update added support. So I will go ahead and add it to the list.

Edit: that being said, it seems people with the One who took the update still cannot install Isis. So I put a question mark next to the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones