Interesting - 2.1 stuffGeneral

1. Lionheart

Lionheart Member

Advertisement
    MarioNico likes this.
  2. dancedreamfly

dancedreamfly Well-Known Member

You can get all of that stuff by installing the Pulsar ROM. that's what I did and its great.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk
  3. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

A number of us are running the Pulsar Rom which has all those in it.

Have a look here

Installation's a piece of cake, although i'd recommend you do the wipe step. I skipped it and had some performance issues, but then i just did a wipe and re-installed and it runs great now.
  4. Jabbypants

Jabbypants Well-Known Member

Did have my first problem today was recording some video did like 1 min 20 odd seconds and it just rebooted the phone.
  5. Lionheart

Lionheart Member

Interesting.

I'm really a noob at all of this, could anyone tell me if they've noticed an increase/decrease in lag on the home screen with this?

Also, I thought custom roms on the milestone were impossible?

Do i need to be rooted?

and finally, which firmware do I need to be coming from (2.0 or 2.0.1)?

Sorry about all the questions, but i want to know everything i can find out about this before i do it..

Thanks heaps

Alex
  6. Jabbypants

Jabbypants Well-Known Member

7. dancedreamfly

On my Milestone, lag has decreased from 2.0.1. It's pretty smooth and stable.

I thought this too, I haven't gone into the technicalities of it, for now I'm just enjoying it. Perhaps when I have some spare time I'll research on how the devs were able to do it.

Nope. But I was and then I rooted again after applying the ROM.

2.0.1. Someone tried installing it from 2.0 and it would go into and endless loop of reboots and FC's.
    MarioNico likes this.
  8. Lionheart

Lionheart Member

Thanks for all the help!

I think i'll give pulsar a go.

One last thing, is there a way to go back to stock if I decide I don't like it?

Thanks

Alex
  9. dancedreamfly

Yup. All you have to do is Flash with RSD Lite using an SBF of your choice here.
  10. daz_meh

daz_meh New Member

I tried to run the pulsar on my 2.1 milestone and it wont work! I see it doesnt need to be rooted, so what gives?
  11. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

The Pulsar ROM only works for 2.0.1. The developer wrote on the German forum that he doesn't have enough time to develop the ROM for 2.1.