• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Interesting Android Article

scheng12

Nov 7, 2009
This is a good example of why i was keen on leaving the WinMo camp. There is alot of negativity regarding other OS's on all sides. Frankly, I just don't understand the bickering. I have worked with all of the major smartphone systems and all of them bring something to certain users and leave other users wanting. Most of the physicians I work with use iPhones because of the reliability and at-your-fingertips ease of use. Most of the tech ppl I know use WM bc of the ease of in depth modification. Most of my friends and I use Android bc we are information hounds and Google puts it all right in front of us. In short, there is no perfect phone or OS for everyone, but if someone says they have found what works well for them, try congratulating them. They are lucky enough to be happy with their device, they deserve to bask in that accomplishment.

Just my opinion.

Unfortunately it goes both ways:

YouTube - iDon't Care

Upvote 0
Awesome read.

The iPhone fans are just as protective of their little device. I have shown off my Droid to friends of mine, some of whom have iPhones. The folks with iPhones nitpick on EVERY little thing that would make my device less than theirs. Things like:

"It's so heavy compared to my phone...the Droid sucks"
"That's nice, but you can't pinch zoom...so your browser sucks"
"Steve Jobs didn't come on stage to introduce it to me...so it sucks"

You can't please everyone....and I agree with monsterp....there is no perfect phone...or OS...for everybody. The more competition there is, the better the innovation is going to be. That's a win for everyone!

Upvote 0
These are all forums, and not singled out to just cell phone sites. The internet has the anonymity to provide the normally prejudiced and socially awkward to speak up for oneself w/o the fear of being shoved into a locker. It's the immaturity of not knowing how to interact w/ the outside world from years of being locked in their parents basement.

Upvote 0
I love it when "faux tech savvy" writers blog or write these articles from the safety of their perch. They enable comments and when they don't like them, they can pick and choose those comments, put them in another blog or article and trash those comments, again, from the safety of their perch. Mr. David Pogue did not enable comments for this article though which allows him to get the "last word," as it were. I am sure there were some intelligible comments that he chose not to field.

Android Army? How about the iPhone Fanboy Club? There is some truth to the article. I believe that the N1 was not the ground breaker that it was hyped up to be. It wasn't even the first phone with the Snapdragon. A weak move to announce Google Earth since it is already available for the iPhone. So, I can empathize with the disappointment he was voicing. But he sounds like a typical iPhone Fanboy who ignores and neglects the merits of the device.

Looking at his profile picture... that dude looks like a prick. His original article is two-pages of patronizing garbage. To compare Android v. Apple to Microsoft v. Apple is to indicate his obvious ignorance regarding the two business models. Google is trying to accomplish so much more by empowering so many more players, from device manufacturers to software developers, while attempting to change the status quo. Before "cloud" talk was the norm, Google was already shifting the public to that notion.

David Pogue is just another guy drinking way too much of the Steve Job' kool-aid.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones