• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Interesting article on how Apple is setting itself apart

Status
Not open for further replies.
First thing, while I understand that the HTC Evo and iPhone are direct rivals, this really doesn't have anything to do with the Evo and should probably go in a different forum.

Second, this article is poorly premised. The headline and first paragraph states that Apple is pulling away from the competition, but then completely fails to explain how the new features of the iPhone 4 are distinctly better than other phones out there.

For example, the article talks at length about the front-facing camera and Apple's video chat program but completely fails to mention the competition beating them to the punch with a better product (Evo works on 3G, not just WiFi).

Basically, this article was nothing more than a rundown of the new iPhone 4 features announced yesterday. That's a fine premise for an article. They should have framed it that way instead of claiming to do a comparison with the competition.

Reactions: acp
Upvote 0
sein_soup_nazicopy.jpg

Upvote 0
Apple wins again. SMDH!!!! Sprint really shouldve released this phone last month so that it could sell for a little while before apple offers the same thing in a much prettier and elegant package. The fact that apple has built in the Facetime app natively is big. We have Qik and fring, but neither are that good or simple to use. When will competitors to apple get it, people just want what they have to WORK and work quickly. They dont want work-arounds or clunky apps that dont work well. HTC and sprint shouldve had video chat integrated with the phone. I know most people are thinking why would i even use that feature that often, but my point is if youre gonna put it their do it right.

Upvote 0
Apple wins again. SMDH!!!! Sprint really shouldve released this phone last month so that it could sell for a little while before apple offers the same thing in a much prettier and elegant package. The fact that apple has built in the Facetime app natively is big. We have Qik and fring, but neither are that good or simple to use. When will competitors to apple get it, people just want what they have to WORK and work quickly. They dont want work-arounds or clunky apps that dont work well. HTC and sprint shouldve had video chat integrated with the phone. I know most people are thinking why would i even use that feature that often, but my point is if youre gonna put it their do it right.

Only time will tell if FaceTime is actually a success. There's even an article on CNET about why FaceTime will flop. Their biggest reasons: 1. Wifi ONLY (so you basically have to use it at a hot spot or home... where your laptop or desktop is located) 2. iPhone 4 to iPhone 4 ONLY (alienates all 3GS users) 3. Device must be held at arms length... try doing that for 30 seconds with your phone and see how it feels. My personal reason: Skype.

I really believe that it will turn into another "hobby" for Apple.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones