Interesting Benchmark test curtosey of Android Central

1. Ynomrah

Ynomrah Well-Known Member

HTC Aria benchmark tests | Android Central

KEY POINTS

1."And before you start screaming about how anything that has less than a 1GHz Snapdragon processor shouldn't even be bothered with, remember that the Aria has a 3.2-inch screen and shouldn't need the same processing power as a high-end (read: larger) phone."

2."DroidX: 854x480
    Droid: 854x480
    Evo: 800x480
    Incredible: 800x480
    Desire: 800x480
    Aria: 480x320
    Mytouch: 480x320
    Indeed, the Aria is tiny... not quite in the same class."

3."The affect of clock speed depends entirely on the processor architecture and language. Remember the MHz divide between AMD and Intel (prior to Core 2), with AMD easily competing against Intel but using lower clock frequencies?"

i am also betting once 2.2 comes out, it obviously will then be many times faster even. Too bad the damn thing doesn't have flash or else it would be a awesome buy.

Advertisement
    Ambictus likes this.
  2. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

Very nice. The Aria is definitely my next phone. Just looks more and more impressive the more we see. I can live with the small screen and semi-low res.
  3. maerlim

maerlim Well-Known Member

You're going Aria over Captivate, Ambictus?
  4. Ambictus

Didn't know about Captivate when I posted that... However, yeah... probably still the Aria. Even though it's a smaller phone I like Sense and am tired of waiting for a phone. I will give it a little bit of time to perhaps play with the Captivate but I'm still leaning towards the Aria.
  5. Ynomrah

Ynomrah Well-Known Member

OMFG TEH CAPTIVE IS SUPER!

NICE! i didnt know about it either.
  6. maerlim

I'm probably going Captivate, with the warm feeling that if there ends up being something I REALLY HATE about the Captivate (it would have to really get at me to overcome that gorgeous screen) then I'll have the Aria to fall back on. (And I'll probably install that clock widget that looks like the HTC Sense one on the Captivate, just to freak people out.)
  7. Ambictus

Yeah, my worry with Samsung is the update frequency. Not to say that HTC is lightning fast with updates, but at least they put out updates. However... if the Captivate is solid from the get go then there really shouldn't be any worries about updates. Like I said, I'll play with the Captivate(if I don't get too impatient waiting on a date) and decide then.
  8. Cronis

Cronis Well-Known Member

yea saw the video... pretty interesting. on another note i wonder how the battery life on the Aria will compare to the other high end devices.
  9. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

Nice thing about the Super AMOLED it uses a ton less energy than the regular amoled, I dont know how aria screen holds up to amoled...I think amoled is suppose to be more energy efficient than previous displays.
  10. mkeath

mkeath Well-Known Member

I thought the entire point of Super AMOLED was for it to be insanely bright for viewing the screen in daylight. Anyways, any LED display kicks the shit out of any other display in terms of power consumption and contrast ratio. Though I have heard reports that some displays have trouble replication colors correctly. My Zune HD replicates colors perfectly though. Maybe since it's just OLED and not AMOLED.
  11. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

Yes its super bright, but uses less energy due to something about the screen thickness and some other doohicky (official term!) But it is suppose to actually consume less power. I'll try to find the post on that.
  12. maerlim

Samsung's claim is 30% less power consumption.