Interesting Find at Walmart.com

Last Updated:

1. JoelR

JoelR Member This Topic's Starter

Interesting find while fooling around on the WalMart website. I was able to add a Droid X to my cart. Final price came to $49.99????? No, I am not going to reveal how it was done and no I did not complete the order since it would have been placed through an exploit (AKA Piss-Poor website security) and either flat-out canceled and/or followed up with a phone call starting with "Hello, this is Officer...". Strange though why the price is in the system so low... Even in the checkout review it showed the retail value as $549.99.

Let me be blunt - BE SMART: DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PLACE AN ORDER THIS WAY. It can be considered attempted theft and prosecuted as such. Two days to official release, so don't do something stupid.

So, why would they place the price in the system at $49.99 and not at full retail or greater (for just this very instance where an exploit is left open)? Is WalMart (LetsTalk) planning on trying to grab some release-day glory?

Advertisement
  2. sanjeeva7

sanjeeva7 Well-Known Member

That's like saying I hacked the bootloader but I can't tell anyone because I may go to jail.

3. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Well-Known Member

I call BS.

At least post a screen shot.

4. Birdman2004

Birdman2004 Well-Known Member

screens please :)

5. dzien

dzien Member

one time i broke into fort knox but didnt take any gold because that'd be bad

odiej34, Sek0n, bumpylemon and 4 others like this.
  6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

I don't get the point of even posting this. But what do I know. I'm only an idiot pee-on volunteer here. ;)

Kelmar likes this.
  7. SiXiam

SiXiam Well-Known Member

It's likely a dummy price, sort of like a placeholder. They have to manually authorize the phone in the system on launch day & they will adjust the price then.

8. flenn

flenn Member

Because it was for the dock, not the phone.

ckochinsky125 likes this.
  9. MisterChase

MisterChase Member

I was just looking at the Pentagon website, and I stumbled upon this page where I saw "Inbox: (23)", and thought this was rather weird -- it's not like I have an account with the freaking Pentagon. Warily, I clicked, and behold.. I discovered the horrors of what goes on behind the curtains of the Pentagon, through a 5-star General's email box, whose name I shall not disclose for the sake of my own neck. One email came from some obscure military official stationed in N. Korea, talking about plans to assassinate Kim Il-Jong and mentioned ties between N. Korea and Iran, that may lead to a full blown WWIII.
    But I'm not going to reveal how I stumbled on this email box, because that might be considered espionage and may be prosecuted as such. Be smart, fellas. Be smart.

10. Birdman2004

Birdman2004 Well-Known Member

:D i actually just lol at this

11. HalfFrozen

HalfFrozen Well-Known Member

Just going to quote this for later. ;)

12. bogman2121

bogman2121 Well-Known Member

Didn't happen unless you post a screen shot

13. SiXiam

SiXiam Well-Known Member

14. JA1234

JA1234 Well-Known Member

you can order it at walmart .com but did you see the ship dates ...next day gets it to you on monday... and I only saw the two year pricing anyone can go to walmart.com and search droid x maybe there is a back door way in...I dont know...
    here are the shipping estimates

Walmart.com - Help

think I will wait and order from VZW though

15. JoelR

New Contract Price:[​IMG]

Contract Renewal Price:
    [​IMG]

16. chenry888

chenry888 Well-Known Member

maybe its a funky way to preorder... and you pay for the rest of it when you pick it up or it ships

17. cam4mav

cam4mav Member

man, if it wasn't for the warning at the end of your post I surely would have gotten myself in trouble!
    thanks for the heads up, you are a good American

18. rayporsche

rayporsche Well-Known Member

is this the same guy that submerged his Incredible in the bathroom sink ?!!!! hahaha....LOL

19. JoelR

Thanks to those who posted reasonable responses including constructive criticism. The rest of you are the reason for the zero tollerance policy on this forum. Obviously no reason to be a member - you know all the tricks.

20. bumpylemon

bumpylemon Well-Known Member

well i will say this...if you click on their site and it comes out that price you wont get in trouble. its their mistake. sure they may correct it. i have had this done with amazon alot. they mis-price things all the time

21. sanjeeva7

sanjeeva7 Well-Known Member

If you visit deals sites you can take advantage of glitches all the time. Depending on the site/store they may or may not honor it. Dell.com has weekly price mistakes. I got a Canon 55-250 lens for $99, it was supposed to be $99 with purchase of DSLR body. I bought 3 before they made the limit 1 per household and sold all 3 for a nice little profit. I got a Pizza Hut large with breadsticks for $2 by adding items in a certain order and using legit coupons, but removing all items except the pizza.

22. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

So let me get this straight. If you order off Walmart's site you will get arrested? That makes no sense to me. How can you be accountable if a site like that sells you something?