1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting - Literally not one app sale?!

Last Updated:

1. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Not complaining and feel free to correct me if Im wrong(I would hope somebody could), I just find it weird that during the entire holiday weekend, I didnt see a sale for any of the apps that I was looking to purchase.

I find this weird only because during my Iphone days, on Thanksgiving weekend literally hundreds of apps would be discounted this weekend(which following the app store on itunes, I noticed happened again this year), but Android developers didnt seem to follow suit. Im just sayin'.

Advertisement
  2. rkkeller

rkkeller Well-Known Member

I agree and was wondering the same.

I have an iPad 3G and bought 3-4 apps for sale prices, mostly for .99. :>

3. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

So you're not complaining... Is the point of this threads really just to indicate surprise that Android isn't copying Apple? Did you contact any of the developers for the apps you were considering or are you hoping that Android devs are reading this thread?

4. rkkeller

I think they were just commenting that a lot of Apple apps were on sale for the holiday and no Android apps were and it makes you wonder.

Gameloft for example makes both Apple and Android apps. The Apple Gameloft apps were on sale, some for .99 each (I know as I bought a couple for my iPad) but none of the same title Android apps were on sale.

If the Apple apps were .99 for the holiday sale, then Android should be too.

5. reinbeau

reinbeau Klaatu barada nikto VIP Member

Interesting - apps that are around $1 you want discounted....this is one aspect of Android I really don't get. Why do you not want to pay developers a good price for all this useful stuff they develop? Please, I'm not trying to argue, I just truly don't get the mindset. This is from someone who pays for everything - I don't 'try out' apps, I pay full price and use the fully featured app with no ads - if I don't like it, I delete it and get my refund, but I think I've only refunded two or three apps since I started. They're so cheap - except for HanDBase, and I've been a user for so long I didn't mind a bit paying $14.99 for it.

kat3k likes this.
  6. neils31

neils31 Active Member

I seen yesterday co-pilot US version was reduced to

7. rkkeller

The point is, the SAME apps were on SALE for Apple iPhone and iPad but NOT on sale for Android.

Some Apple apps were reduced to .99 cents from $5-$15 normal prices while the SAME Android apps were still FULL PRICE ($5++)

I have paid probably over $200 for apps on my iPad but when an app is on sale one place but full price at another, it makes you notice.

8. PinkMirrorKirby

PinkMirrorKirby Well-Known Member

I don't see Angry Birds being free on App Store, but I saw Angry Birds on Android being Free. :)

9. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

I agree with the OP. In my iPhone days there were sites dedicated to having a free app each day leading up to Christmas. Yes, I would like Android to copy this from Apple. It's a different world here that I'm still adjusting to.

If there is a site or list of developers getting into the holiday spirit, I would love to check it out.

10. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

There were quite a few actually, and lots of games discounted heavily. If you followed me on twitter you'd have known about it :p

11. nomarsgirl

nomarsgirl Well-Known Member

I would rather pay for it and lose the ads that slow the game down.