Interesting LOL (Lack of Lag!)

Last Updated:

1. DT

DT Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Howdy Folks!

I've been using SwiFTP for file transfer - which I can't say enough good things about, it's just super simple and effective here in the office and homestead.

Here's a funny thing though: One of the setup options is 'Keep Phone Awake (Full CPU Speed)'. I set this the other day and since then, the phone seems infinitely quicker. Especially when waking up, but even "awake" operations seems zippier: opening apps, folders, going to the pinch-preview (in Launcher Pro).

It's curious. Now I'm a developer, so I'm always debugging and certainly there's a _ton_ of unknowns to this equation, but AFAIK, I havent' changed any configurations, added/removed any apps, etc.

Even though it's a bit of a quick leap of logic, my occasional inconsistency/stutter seems to be gone from this app keeping my phone at "full cpu speed".

I understand the OS/CPU has throttling, power balancing, etc., built in, and I'm not 100% sure is overriding that, so I'll experience a little more with it off for a day see how it runs, switch back etc.

Advertisement