interesting power discoveries can anyone verify?

Last Updated:

1. jmcgee_jr

jmcgee_jr Active Member This Topic's Starter

So, my battery life is not horrible but it always shows my display as using most of the battery, even if I dont use it much. So I decided to test something. I saw people on desire rom dont report as much battery usage for display. Here is what I did.

Yesterday took phone off charger at 100%. About 3 hours later I was at 88% with only a little use (less than 2-3 minutes total). Display usage was at 80% in battery use.

Today took phone off charger at 100%. Set phone to 2G only. About 3 hours later I am at 92% and display usage is at 33%. Same 2-3 minutes usage. Intersting no? I live in Seattle with excellent coverage with HSDPA here.

I think the default ROM and CYANs rom must have a bug in it for battery life reporting.

Advertisement
  2. Talderon

Talderon Well-Known Member

I'll take a look as well since I am also in Seattle. :)

I am on the stock ROM so we can Compare... Also, might want to download battery graph from the market and watch it with that.

3. kaotix

kaotix Well-Known Member

got a link to battery graph? there's two in the market.

4. KCphotog

KCphotog Member

The latest CYAN ROM has helped a lot in my battery life. It does have bad days or just spots in the day that it will eat through the battery like crazy for medium use. Those days are few and far between but they always happen at the worst times.
    I am getting on average 4-6 hours more after the ROM which was great.

5. jmcgee_jr

Another update so after 9 hours. I am at 78%. This time yesterday I would be under 50%, I am a very consistant user and really dont use my phone much at all. I dont have a live wallpaper. I really think there is something odd with this reports. I too wonder about the battery graph do you have a link? There are 2 in there.

Thanks.

6. jmcgee_jr

Any update?

7. SnotF

SnotF Well-Known Member

Might want to try out the Apollo task killer, it will auto kill tasks after the phone goes idle.seems to be helping a lot here.