• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Sprint] Interesting problem

Rxpert83

Dr. Feelgood
Aug 30, 2011
MN
So I waited in my lobby today for the UPS guy to come by so I could get my package before Monday.

This phone has a known issue where they couldnt delete anything off of the device, and by golly they were right.

Tried a factory reset(from device and from stock recovery), tried unlocking the bootloader...but it says unlocked and then is locked on next reboot :thinking:, tried uninstalling apps, even tried just changing the wallpaper.... each time the phone boots up everything that I had changed is back the way it was.

Tried fastboot flashing TWRP recovery, but when I boot into it its the normal triangle with !..

Interesting problem. Next step is going to be to try to reinstall the factory image:rolleyes:

The thing that stumps me the most is that bootloader. I will unlock it, it will say its unlocked, and then if i restart the bootloader its locked again

Is this a known issue you guys have come across before?

Is there a way to boot into recovery from bootloader without the device restarting?

Problem still unresolved. Now my drivers are screwed up and not recognized anymore.

Even took it into sprint for 2 hours and let them have their way with it. They tried flashing about 10 different things to it, each with no result.

Looks like this is going to have to go back :eek:

Upvote 0
I haven't heard of this problem before. Then again I haven't really looked. Hopefully Samsung will handle it and you'll be able to enjoy all the goodness of the gnex.

As for the drivers, did you use the PDA.net ones? I think urge posted them in the write up.

I eventually got the drivers working again.

Its the weirdest issue. The dudes at Sprint were stumped. They were looking all over XDA for solutions :rolleyes:

I even went as far as reinstalling all of the stock partitions through fastboot. Strangest thing.

Oh well. I'm printing off my shipping stuff to ship it to Sammy. I got really lucky with that being under warranty. Sammys website shows it at being manufactured in 6/12 so its a fairly recently made one.

Upvote 0
I eventually got the drivers working again.

Its the weirdest issue. The dudes at Sprint were stumped. They were looking all over XDA for solutions :rolleyes:

I even went as far as reinstalling all of the stock partitions through fastboot. Strangest thing.

Oh well. I'm printing off my shipping stuff to ship it to Sammy. I got really lucky with that being under warranty. Sammys website shows it at being manufactured in 6/12 so its a fairly recently made one.

Must be something broken hard drive. If you deleted a partition, but didn't flash something over it, would it bootloop because there's nothing there, or would it boot up properly as if nothing had been done?

Upvote 0
I filed a claim with Ebay and they went from telling me good luck with my paperweight to offering a full refund within about 20 minutes.

I'm thinking I'm still going to keep it and send it to Sammy. Assuming they don't say its a result of physical damage (shouldnt be, everything else is pristine), I know I'll get back a fully functional product.

Upvote 0
I filed a claim with Ebay and they went from telling me good luck with my paperweight to offering a full refund within about 20 minutes.

I'm thinking I'm still going to keep it and send it to Sammy. Assuming they don't say its a result of physical damage (shouldnt be, everything else is pristine), I know I'll get back a fully functional product.

So you don't have to return the device to the seller and you get your money back. Mega Win.

Upvote 0
So you don't have to return the device to the seller and you get your money back. Mega Win.

I would have to send back to them to get the refund. And I'd have to pay for shipping. Sending it to Pappa Sammy just sounds like the better choice.

I got super lucky on the warranty though. Samsung is starting to grow on me ;) Customer support was awesome and fast.

Upvote 0
I would have to send back to them to get the refund. And I'd have to pay for shipping. Sending it to Pappa Sammy just sounds like the better choice.

I got super lucky on the warranty though. Samsung is starting to grow on me ;) Customer support was awesome and fast.

Ahh, still a decent outcome though. I had a original feeling was a "too good to be true" scenario. I know my warranty is expired, so all that's left is my insurance on mine. But seeing that the Verizon version has been EOL'd, I better not break mine or else I'm going to get stuck with some locked down device.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones