Interesting situation

Last Updated:

1. Sharkonwheels

Sharkonwheels Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

7/18, ordered (2) iPhone 4's online for the kids.
    7/19 went into the store, got the Captivate for me.

7/20 went back as they had found some BG cases, and at same time, i figured what the heck - they'd been GREAT to me, called and cancelled the (2) iPhone 4's on the online order, and had the store order the (2), + 1 for the wife. received confirmation of the cancellations via email.

Here's where it gets interesting...

After seeing my Cappy, 1 son and the wife want the Cappy, so BACK to the store, pick up (2) cappies, and cancel the store orders for (2) i4's

Then the other son wants a Cappy, BACK to the store, CANCEL the last i4, and get him a cappy.

Get home, decides he doesn't like it, now I'm getting a bit upset, BACK to the store next morning, return the Cappy, and re-order his i4 - now back to (1) i4 on order.

received an email that a phone was shipping, I was like great - that was fast...

FF to today, and the ORIGINAL online orders (which were cancelled, and I received the cancellation emails) for the (2) iphones arrived, and they charged $210/ea. - these were for the 2 kids... the re-ordered unit shows back-order...

So, bottom line:

Line 1: (1) Cappy at $210 at store
    Line 2: (1) Cappy at $210 at store, plus the (cancelled) iPhone @$210
    Line 3: (1) iPhone on order at store $210, plus the cancelled @ $210
    Line 4: (1) Cappy at store, $370 ($349 + tax)

So (2) lines got (2) subsidized phones each, at $210 per phone! One line got a cappy and an i4 @ $210 each, and one line got (1) i4 @ $210, and one is on order @ $210!

Um, what happens now? Will they come back and try to increase the price on one of the phones after the fact?

Advertisement
  2. biocalves

biocalves Member

They might if you don't return one of the phones within 30 days or whatever time they give you before they charge the Device Recovery Fee.

BTW which ATT store did you go to that sold the Captivate @$349?

3. Sharkonwheels

Sharkonwheels Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

AT&T Corporate Store in S. Florida.

Stores I've been to around here, have the phone at $349.99 No-Commitment. Attached is a pic of the store display, showing commit/non-commit prices.

T

Attached Files: