• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Interesting situation

Sharkonwheels

Android Enthusiast
Jan 6, 2010
7/18, ordered (2) iPhone 4's online for the kids.
7/19 went into the store, got the Captivate for me.

7/20 went back as they had found some BG cases, and at same time, i figured what the heck - they'd been GREAT to me, called and cancelled the (2) iPhone 4's on the online order, and had the store order the (2), + 1 for the wife. received confirmation of the cancellations via email.

Here's where it gets interesting...

After seeing my Cappy, 1 son and the wife want the Cappy, so BACK to the store, pick up (2) cappies, and cancel the store orders for (2) i4's

Then the other son wants a Cappy, BACK to the store, CANCEL the last i4, and get him a cappy.

Get home, decides he doesn't like it, now I'm getting a bit upset, BACK to the store next morning, return the Cappy, and re-order his i4 - now back to (1) i4 on order.

received an email that a phone was shipping, I was like great - that was fast...

FF to today, and the ORIGINAL online orders (which were cancelled, and I received the cancellation emails) for the (2) iphones arrived, and they charged $210/ea. - these were for the 2 kids... the re-ordered unit shows back-order...

So, bottom line:

Line 1: (1) Cappy at $210 at store
Line 2: (1) Cappy at $210 at store, plus the (cancelled) iPhone @$210
Line 3: (1) iPhone on order at store $210, plus the cancelled @ $210
Line 4: (1) Cappy at store, $370 ($349 + tax)

So (2) lines got (2) subsidized phones each, at $210 per phone! One line got a cappy and an i4 @ $210 each, and one line got (1) i4 @ $210, and one is on order @ $210!

Um, what happens now? Will they come back and try to increase the price on one of the phones after the fact?

AT&T Corporate Store in S. Florida.

Stores I've been to around here, have the phone at $349.99 No-Commitment. Attached is a pic of the store display, showing commit/non-commit prices.

T

Attachments

• 2010-07-20 19.50.05.jpg
    2010-07-20 19.50.05.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones