Interesting thread I found on Google....

Last Updated:

1. nateo200

nateo200 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Question about Nexus One 3G bands - Android Help

Interesting about the antenna support and the reason why it doesn't support 850/1900 UMTS (3G frequencies used by AT&T, Rogers and Belus). I'm starting to dislike T-Mobile USA more and more as they seam to get first picks on all the good android phones dispite having pretty shitty coverage. Don't get me wrong I like T-Mobile but coverage means allot these days I guess, and Idk how you can build a huge 3G network when your GSM network isn't even that big, especially with no liscences for lower bands (like 850).

Advertisement
  2. infoman

infoman Well-Known Member

Tmobile does not have a large 3G nationwide network as advertised. It is only in well populated major cities. There overhaul coverage sucks! ATT and Verizon are your two best bets.

3. dime079

dime079 Member

coverage means a lot "i guess"?

4. infoman

infoman Well-Known Member

5. nateo200

nateo200 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I thought about going to T-Mobile since they seam to get first dibs on the new Android phones but I realized I would be on EDGE 90% of the time, I did check there coverage maps yesterday and we JUST got 3G in my town (T-Mobile) but I'm about 800 feet from the footprint.....I like to have 3G in places that no other carrier has, if AT&T does't have GPRS let alone 3G in some of the areas I need coverage then why would T-Mobile have anything?

Yup, pretty shitty. Like I said I have NO idea how the heck there going to build a UMTS network on 2100AWS alone. They really didn't finish their dinner (GSM)before they moved to desert (3G). If they could get some 850 spectrum they'd be SET.