Interesting Tidbit...

Last Updated:

1. SprintTerp

SprintTerp Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I realize this is very speculative, but I was glancing at some new collateral we have in the store, and found something interesting. It's just a random snippet, but it states that the current plan/pricing system will last through 7/10/2010.

This could be completely unrelated, but I thought it could possibly coincide with an EVO release date. I know all signs from Sprint have intimated they won't have any special pricing for the 4G access, but who knows?

Advertisement
  2. SoFLO

SoFLO Guest

I hope we don't have to wait all the until July for the EVO :(

3. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

i think that has been that way for quiet some time, i am no sprint employee but i remember reading a few months ago that someone thought prices were going to go up because of that date, the SS had never been heard of people were just worried they'd have to pay more... it might just be a nice time to re-evaluate their prices, maybe add some lower tiered data plans

cary328is likes this.
  4. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

Man, I hope not...unless they offer a cheaper plan for unlimited data and metered minutes because I never use my freaking minutes :D Two of us split 1500 daytime minutes and most months I'd be pressed to break 20.

5. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

yea i agree, i never use a landline, if im going to call someone it's on their cell because lets face it even if they are at home they still have their cell, and when they're not, win win, they STILL have their cell... i think land lines are being outdated fast, but i think it'll take a battery inovation breakthrough were phones last a week or so before it really goes away so people can trust their devices to last whenever they may need it...

6. Ilya

Ilya Well-Known Member

Same here.

I'd love an everything plan that had 200 minutes instead of the 450 I have now.

7. Android 17

Android 17 Well-Known Member

Agree as well......I literally tend to use less than 100 minutes a month sometimes! Lol.

It's kind of sad that a lot of people are now phone enthusiasts yet look to other features of phones more than the actual main function XD.

8. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Android 17... DBZ?

9. gabbott

gabbott Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for an early June release (or sooner, 2 of my lines are due for an upgrade as of 5/1)

10. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

I think of it more as a pocket computer but the cellular aspect was always key since it gave you connectivity. I never really did the Palm Pilot thing but once I could combine cell phone, streaming radio, web, email, and PDA in my first Treo I was all about it.

Luckily, one thing that Sprint is said to be working on for a few years down the road is a flat data plan that will just consider all voice and other data as one thing. Dunno if that's good or bad...I'd guess there would be different plans based on how many GB of data you use with an unlimited plan at the top. Still, not gonna happen for a while. I think the plan is to do that once Wimax or other 4th gen technology is more widespread.