• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Intermittant LED Notification

hilly81

May 14, 2010
Believe it or not the desire is the first phone I have ever owned that has an LED notification feature for messages, missed calls etc and I love it! My problem is that it is somewhat intermittant with email notifications. Sometimes it works, others not. I have checked the settings and all is as it should be as far as I can tell. My email account is a Google mail one.

Anyone else experienced this and have any ideas?

Does it not light up at all? There are reports of it only flashing for 5 minutes, which unfortunately is not customisable.
Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt. For example I can send myself an email from my work addy with the phone right next to me and no flash but send another a few minutes later and it does flash. More often than not it does but its annoying when it doesnt.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones