Intermittent problem with Menu popping up uncommandedSupport

Last Updated:

1. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Well-Known Member

Okay, if you have had issues with your menu popping up uncommanded, sometimes repeatedly and really ruining your phone experience, then I have some good news for you.

This thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1551580&page=2 provided the information I needed to get Sprint (and Samsung) on board with a solution for the Galaxy S II 'Epic 4G Touch' model number SPH-D710.

I requested verification here: Sprint Community: Intermittent problem with Menu popping up uncommanded [Solved!] that the problem with the Sprint S2 phones is also caused by RF interference. Here is the reply:

The hard part is convincing your repair center to actually perform the repair-- I got stonewalled, even though the fix information was attached to my repair ticket.

Oh, and according to the tech I talked to at the store, Jellybean is supposed to roll out in February.

Advertisement
  2. Dngrsone

I have received replacement phones for myself and my wife. I work this weekend, and that should be sufficient time for me to discover whether Sprint/Samsung's fix is valid.
  3. Dngrsone

I am calling the hardware fix good. If you are during from the menu popup problem, go to Sprint forums linked in my first post and either post, pm Christie, or print the relevant portions to take to your local repair shop.
  4. thanks for this, was about to look into it.. where is the thread u mentiponed? the link in OP doesn't work thanks :)
  5. Dngrsone

MalikDepthside likes this.