intern memory problems

Last Updated:

1. elmodierx

elmodierx New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,

I've got a HTC Hero. Now I have the problem that my internal memory is too low. I tried to install an app, but it failed because the memory was too less. I erased some apps so the internal memory was 12 MB. I tried to install the app again, but it failed again because of the same reason. I check what the internal memory was after the second try. It was 7 MB now. So something took my memory, but nothing was installed. I tried a different app, again not enough memory, I checked internal memory and it was 3,5 MB. I'd like to get my memory back!!!!

I haven't rooted my phone by the way.

Hopefully someone can help me.

Advertisement
  2. dbareis

dbareis Member

My guess would be it got further and used up some memory, I'd try uninstalling some more :) Maybe try a reboot first. I have a lot more free than that and I'm uninstalling to prevent issues....

3. elmodierx

I tried already a restart. No results. With reboot you mean complete erase of the phone?

4. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

By any chance do you have lots of old text or mms messages on your phone? If so, you might try deleting some of those, I believe they are stored in internal memory.

5. dbareis

dbareis Member

restart = reboot

You need to work out where it all is, I suspect all sorts of random "Android" issues are because of too little memory. I have trouble and I've got about 30MB free!

6. elmodierx

I tried allready deleting all text messages. What I think is strange is that I had 12 MB and directly after trying to install an new app by pc the internal memory was low. So a part of that should be somewhere. Is there a way to look in to that internal memory by pc or by phone?

7. pompey7474

pompey7474 Well-Known Member

try going into manage applications and deleting all the cache on your apps which are installed may find you can get back quite a lot of memory that way i do it about once every 4 days .hope this helps