• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Internal error: couldn't find misc

chris316al

Lurker
Jun 16, 2010
So I did the OTA update for Uncapped FPS. I know that it removes the "root" superuser access.

So after successfully installing the OTA update, I ran Unrevoked 3.21

While running Unrevoked I get the error Internal error: couldn't find misc.

NOTE: I searched and saw a couple of suggestions

1. Install HTC sync and uninstall it again. -Didn't work

2. Use Disk drive instead of Charge only. - Didn't work

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

People have had this proble many times, DO NOT TAKE OTA UPDATES WHEN ROOTED!!!!!!! There are stock rooted roms that are simple to use and flash. No with that being said, people who were rooted then took the ota rerooted with unrevoked without issue. How many times have you tried?

I really dont know what to tell you. make sure that you have all the files downloaded to your pc correctly and perhaps to redownload unrevoked and try again

Upvote 0
People have had this proble many times, DO NOT TAKE OTA UPDATES WHEN ROOTED!!!!!!! There are stock rooted roms that are simple to use and flash. No with that being said, people who were rooted then took the ota rerooted with unrevoked without issue. How many times have you tried?

I really dont know what to tell you. make sure that you have all the files downloaded to your pc correctly and perhaps to redownload unrevoked and try again

Sad to say I tried around 20+ times but still the same error. I did check all the files =( The thing is I did the same procedure with 2 other evos and it worked fine. Only on this one I'm having this issue. sigh

Upvote 0
There is a newer hread here and a thread on xda in q&a that say The new evos have a new hboot and folks are awaiting unrevoked to find a new exploit. I would follow the xda thread

yeah i just heard over at xda about 3.30 not being supported quite yet. any idea when 3.30 was released?

if it's not too much work mind linking too? google just came up with this and xda is a bit of a labyrinth.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones