Internal & Extermal SD's disappear. Reset and they're back. What's the deal?Support

Last Updated:

1. kryzzay83

kryzzay83 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Twice now in two days my internal & external SD's become unavailable. The first time I noticed when I got a text message and it wasn't my custom tone. The second time today I went into Astro to look at some files and no directories would load.

Resetting the phone fixes the problem and everything else works fine.

Anyone know why this is happening? Did I good search on this but haven't seen anyone have the same problem.

SGS i9000 unlocked. I'm on JM1 rooted with OCLF.

Advertisement
  2. micstewart

micstewart Well-Known Member

I've had the same problem ages ago, turned out to be a dodgy app that I had installed. If you have installed any Apps since the problems started with reading your SD then uninstall and see if that does the trick.

If my memory is correct it was a couple of music player apps that I downloaded to try out and one of them started creating long filenames that caused the problem... this seems to cause a couple of problems like MTP application screen keeps flashing when you connect your phone to a PC (basically because it is having problems scanning the SD card)

As I said, when unistalled and restarted everything was fine... hope this resolves your issue.

3. BO3527

BO3527 Member

try to uninstall the apps which use Automatic switching for mass storag.... like I had problems with WinAmp .... i removed it...
    and everything was back on track ..

kryzzay83 likes this.
  4. kryzzay83

kryzzay83 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks BO3527. Turned out to be Winamp :)