Internal Memory almost full - but how??Support

Last Updated:

1. Choronzonix

Choronzonix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

This is a problem that has been annoying me for some time, but has recently become ridiculous. As we all know the internal memory is pretty small on the Desire, and i've tried to be conservative with the apps I install (unless I know they can be moved to SD).

However, despite this i'm constantly low in internal memory. at the moment, the only apps i have installed on the internal memory are beautiful widgets (1.36mb), colornote (524kb), facebook (3.05mb), mixzing (3.70mb), multicon (316kb), swiftkey (1.84mb), (tasker (1.43mb), voice search (2.54mb) .everything else I have moved to the SD card via app2sd or through the recently posted trick to get all apps to automatically install to SD.

As you can see, the apps I have installed (obviously this excludes all the various htc stuff that comes preinstalled etc) falls far short of the supposed 148mb that i have available to install apps, so can anyone shed any light on what might be going on? I've tried clearing various caches to try and free up some spece but this has barely had any impact and this is truly starting to bug me. I've got a desire on 2.2

Advertisement
  2. chris 290

chris 290 Well-Known Member

Could be face book, how many facebook contacts do you have?

Do you do a regular cache clean?

I have 30mb and just over a hundred apps

3. Choronzonix

Choronzonix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

The 'contacts storage' comes to 9.51mb and I clear the facebook cache regularly so it's not that. I'm considering doing a factory reset tbh, because the phone is fast becoming useless.

4. aardys

aardys Well-Known Member

put yer apps on the sd card then you will have more space on internal,
    there is a thread that shows you how to do this on the desire ;)

5. williamj1

williamj1 Well-Known Member

6. sookster54

sookster54 Well-Known Member

Apps' data unfortunately also gets stored on the same internal space as the app installation does. There's a few cache clearing apps on the Market, but you usually have to be rooted.

7. redlinezak

redlinezak Well-Known Member

check your email size. Mine was taking up 60MB so i had to clear the data and reset up my email addresses.

Cheers

Nath

8. sudkcoce

sudkcoce Well-Known Member

So, any news here? Is factory reset REALLY the only option to free up internal memory?!

9. zztop8

zztop8 Active Member

hi all,
    i have the same problem but on my xperia x10...i've attached few pic , so if anybody can tell me why my cache cleaner app said that i have 275 Mb free, but my system monitor app said that i have only 42, 3 Mb available, and when i made the screen capture you can see that is tellin me that i have inactive, buffer, idle and so on memory usage. please enlight me, and more, if you can put a link regarding on how to move the apps on sd card to free up some space in my internal memory....

ps... please forgive me but english is not my first language, and hope that you understand my problem...

respect!

Attached Files:

10. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Dont know what app that is. It is possible its reporting on RAM (without knowing the app, can't say either way)...

Or android devices use a /cache partition too. This is different to App Cache in / data.

Of course telling us the app name may help :)

11. zztop8

zztop8 Active Member

12. zztop8

zztop8 Active Member

13. spile

spile Well-Known Member

I don't think that there is an answer to this problem as I suspect it is a badly behaved app or OS. Hard reset seems the only answer.

14. zztop8

zztop8 Active Member

hard reset means what?

15. jeromeg

jeromeg New Member

Hi,

I had the same problem on milestone android 2.1 : just viewing pictures inside the facebook app was making my phone memory decreasing badly. Impossible to clear the cache. At first: i uninstalled updates of the facebook built-in app to recover memory, but not so practical, you have to update again after....

I found the best solution yesterday: just log out from your facebook account and then you will see the memory back again; It's just geat ! You can log in after and no problem.

Tell me if it's working for you

Cheers

danielvago likes this.
  16. LocXurious

LocXurious New Member

Thank you it works!!!!!