internal memory fault?

Last Updated:

1. dawson258

dawson258 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

well i just rooted and installed this rom

[ROM-FroYo] Official Froyo HTC Sense ROM (16/07 v1.0c | OpenDesire Team) - xda-developers

everything went perfect, i reinstalled a few games and put hte majority on my sdcard etc, then i installed an internal memory monitor widget which showed me to have only 31mb remaining! surely this cant be right, it even says it is in settings and that is the exact amount of memory i had left before rooting, plus when i uninstall an app saved to the phone memory it wont budge off 31mb, anybody had this problem before?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

I dont understand.

The phone says it has 31MB free, the widget also says it has 31MB free and this is what was left before you rooted?

Is that what you're saying?

When you rooted, did you wipe the data first?

3. dawson258

yeah thats what im saying, but surely it cant be right i have like 5 apps installed to the phone.. and i did a factory reset but as i followed the instructions but i had the choice of clicking backup and rstore and i cliked backup, i think that maybe the problem tbh

4. SUroot

Ah I don't mean factory reset. When you boot into recovery before installing the new rom, there should be an option to wipe data. if you dont, you may be installing the rom over existing data, which is taking up this space and not be able to remove it.

What rooting guide did you use? did you do a data wipe during the root process?

This might be a last resort thing, but you could root from scratch ensuring you do a data wipe during the process.

There may be an easier way, depending on what method you used.

There are some knowledgeable peolple here, who probably know better solutions.

This thread should probably be in the all things root sub forum.

5. dawson258

i followed the one click guide in the rooting section, could i not simple go back to recovery ode wipe and install again?

6. SUroot

Yes i think so. I wasn't sure what method you used and what recovery options were available in there.

Again, last resort though so lets see if anyone else has any input.

7. dawson258

well ive just tried again, and got an improvement of 77mb but still surely it should be more...

8. dawson258

my recovery screen is the clockworkmod recovery 2.5.0.1 if thats any help?