• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internal memory For Evo 4G

t1jordan

Android Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2009
Baltimore
What apps are you guys keeping on your Evo? I had a lot of apps installed until I realized the shortage of Internal Memory. I still have a lot but I use these apps all the time.

1.) Droid Dictionary
2.) IMDb
3.) ShopSavvy
4.) Raven News
5.) Quick App Clean Cache
6.) Handcent SMS - I would like to remove this app but it's cleary better than stock.
7.) Bat'Riz 2.x
8.) Estrongs File Manager- I was using Astro, but Estrongs seems to be smaller and a little more simple to me.
9.) Google Buzz Widget
10.) Pandora
11.) USA TODAY
12.) Zedge Ringtones
13.) FeedR News Reader
14.) RepliGo Reader
15.) ShareMyApps

Internal Phone Storage
Available space
327MB

What apps are you guys keeping on your Evo? I had a lot of apps installed until I realized the shortage of Internal Memory. I still have a lot but I use these apps all the time.

1.) Droid Dictionary
2.) IMDb
3.) ShopSavvy
4.) Raven News
5.) Quick App Clean Cache
6.) Handcent SMS - I would like to remove this app but it's cleary better than stock.
7.) Bat'Riz 2.x
8.) Estrongs File Manager- I was using Astro, but Estrongs seems to be smaller and a little more simple to me.
9.) Google Buzz Widget
10.) Pandora
11.) USA TODAY
12.) Zedge Ringtones
13.) FeedR News Reader
14.) RepliGo Reader
15.) ShareMyApps

Internal Phone Storage
Available space
327MB

I have quite a bit more than that, BUT I use Apps2SD with fresh 0.3 (custom ROM) and still have 360 MB of space left on internal. :)

Upvote 0
Hold up what? I made a thread yesterday about memory and they said you can't puts apps on sim card until froyo. I am rooted with fresh rom can somebody let me know? If so can I move the apps over our will I have to reinstall and lose everything
You probably already know by now but in case other people finding this want to know. You have to have Froyo+ to install apps to the SD card. Also, the app has to be changed by the developer to make installing it to the SD card possible. Thus no app will be able to be installed to the SD card before it's updated. Tho lots have been by now, there are still many to go.

Upvote 0
You probably already know by now but in case other people finding this want to know. You have to have Froyo+ to install apps to the SD card. Also, the app has to be changed by the developer to make installing it to the SD card possible. Thus no app will be able to be installed to the SD card before it's updated. Tho lots have been by now, there are still many to go.

Dug this post up out of its grave!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones