internal memory .. have you used it all up?

Last Updated:

1. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For some.reason I only have 10mb free internal memory left. And it is warning me that internal memory is low....I'm pretty sure I had much more installed on my hero and never had any low memory warnings does the desire have lews memory for apps or something?

Advertisement
  2. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

I have noticed that it you get the low memory notification, then you cannot open Talk app. And as the market relies on the talk app you won't be able to download anything until the talk app is open, or until the notification is gone.

Check the size of your apps, I prefer app monster for this job as its a damn sight quicker than the settings > manage apps.

But also try going through manage apps in teh settings and deleting any cache you can. The browser sets its cache size to 6mb by default so you could save some space by deleting that..

3. miles_t

miles_t Member

yep had this message after a few days. have a look in apps settings and clear the cache as apps for example browser can build up several mb over a short time. also see what size apps you have, games can be large and take up a lot of space. one game can equal 10 apps.

the bottom line is the phone hasn't got enough memory its a gem and htc should have given it more.

4. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

Just wait until modaco roots it. His roms are extremely stable, ore so than the official ones. You can have apps2sd and the rom is literally exactly the same as the official. I mean no one will be able to tell its rooted, not even you.

5. Lukehluke

Lukehluke Well-Known Member

When the phone is rooted, then we can stick our apps on the SD card.

6. Sapa

Sapa Well-Known Member

This problem just seems crazy to me. I have less than 30mb left after 2 days! What were they thinking!? I can't help but compare it to my iphones 16gb of memory I could do whatever the hell I wanted with. I had about 1.6gb of apps on that, impossible on the Desire.

7. lekky

lekky Lover VIP Member

apps to sd should be with us in the next version of android.