• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Internal Memory Help

A few weeks ago I got a new android tablet which had only 8gb of memory which i thought was fine seeing as I have a 32 gb microSD at home.

After using ADB command "Set-install-location 2" apps still wont save to the external SD card. I believe this is because my internal memory is split into "tablet" and "SD card" so whenever an app is set to be installed to the external SD it just saves it to the internal partition called "SD"

Is there anyway of removing this partition so that I can install to my SD?

If its a modern tab then youre probably right mate and "sd" is really an emulated sd which is just a partitioned part of the internal storage. Im not as advanced as you so i dont understand command lines etc but if you wana use the external sd as default storage, i cant see how messing with the internal partition would help. Have you heard of the root app "Link2sd"? From what ive read its pretty good. Id root the tab n try that man :thumbup:

Upvote 0
link2sd will probably do the job. From a technical point of view it's a little more of a hardcore solution than seems necessary, but compared to repartitioning your internal memory it's downright pedestrian.

What about just replacing the app directory on the internal faux-SD partition with a symlink to a directory on the external SD? That could work.

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones