Internal Memory Is Behaving OddlySupport

Last Updated:

1. Slash3040

Slash3040 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Now a big problem is with an unrooted handset you start off with low internal memory as it is, but after I got the low memory message after numerous times I thought perhaps I would start deleting apps, unneeded texts, limiting the amount of emails and texts that my phone will store at once. That fixed the problem for a while but over time I would keep getting the numerous low memory messages again. Now I'm at the point where I have around 8 apps that weren't included with the phone and I keep getting the message. I know if I were to restore the phone to factory then this would fix it temporarily but after another month of use I'm sure it'll do it again. Any tips?

Advertisement
  2. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Theres a thread in tips and tricks about pushing apps to sd card. Since you have few apps, it must be cache and data taking up your space.

Short of rooting, I'm not sure there's much you can do.

3. Eris Ed

Eris Ed Well-Known Member

As Dan said, the most likely cause if application cache and data which increases slowly over time as they update/sync.

Look for the other threads HERE and HERE, and try this also:

Menu > Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Downloaded > Menu > Sort by size.

Let the list load fully and the apps that are taking up the most storage will be at the top of the list. Open each app and look at the Data and Cache. You can safely delete Cache, but I would not delete Data as that's usually your settings and login information.

4. LECTER

LECTER Well-Known Member

How many contacts do you have?

5. Slash3040

Slash3040 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have 107 on the phone as personal contacts but there's 700 some facebook contacts

6. Vicdude

Vicdude Well-Known Member

I deleted data and now I have a phone with no personalisation anymore lol. That's gonna take me ages to put right DOH!!! *Tottles off to see if he can remember how to use Folder organiser and where he got the icon packs from* :mad:

7. Vicdude

Vicdude Well-Known Member

All sorted.... took me about 4 hours in all :( Cold have done without it to be fair, that was valuable GT5 time *nods* :D