Internal Memory KillersGeneral

1. knitpurlgurl

knitpurlgurl Well-Known Member

I was running with about 100MB free in internal memory. Then, all of a sudden, now I only have 39 MB free. I moved everything I can move to sd, cleared cache, and used ATK to kill apps.. barely 1 MB freed up. Anything I should do or check?

Running Nonsensikal 10.8.1 (with LauncherPro)

Advertisement
    :
  2. doogald

doogald Guides Guide

I installed NS 10.8.1 the other day and I also noticed that it has a huge internal footprint. I suppose that you could settings->applications->manage applications, "all" page, let it refresh, menu->sort by size to see what is killing you. I know that Google Maps has become a bloated little beast lately. I know that there are apps for which the cachemate clear app doesn't clear cache. (I just checked and Tweetdeck on my phone had 6.4 MB of cache that I could clear.)

With CELB right now I have 42 MB free; NS was below 30 for the same number of apps right after the install. And I just noticed that I hadn't removed the Amazon MP3 app, so I'm thinking that I can clean some more stuff up.

I'd love it, actually, if Zach.xtr took a stab at a Froyo vanilla build with cache2cache set up by default.
  3. knitpurlgurl

knitpurlgurl Well-Known Member

Thanks, I'll check it out that way. :)