Internal memory problem with Galaxy AceSupport

Last Updated: 2012-03-06 18:30:58
  1. BonesQC

BonesQC New Member

Hi, basically I need some help. My phone keeps telling me that my internal memory is nearly full (I have 18MB free) and I cant receive any new text messages. I've deleted a few apps stored on the internal memory yet I still get the messages. After closer inspection I've found that the memory on my phone isn't changing despite deleting apps and I can't understand why. If you know of anything I could do I would be so grateful...

Oh and I've read the post about the forcing of apps to the SD card but it seems too complicated and I don't want risk damaging the phone; for the same reason I don't want to root it either.

I've just updated to Gingerbread (this was happening before though) and I've had the phone about at least 6 months and this hasn't happened before.

Advertisement
  2. Gammer

Gammer Well-Known Member

Go through your applications in settings/applications and clean the data up on each. Apps like fb skype and many many others can hog upto 10mb of unnecessary data.
  3. babus

babus Active Member

4. babus

babus Active Member

Awwww..!! Then you would have bought an "I-thing". :D
  5. praky

praky Well-Known Member

Well by using the sticky thread you can't damage anything even if you go :eek:crazy:eek: at any step.
  6. scribley9

scribley9 Active Member

Had the same problem and in my case I hadn't noticed that some of the emails in the file had big attachments that had been downloaded at the same time. Deleted them and all is well again. Could be your solution too
  7. ronas

ronas New Member

I also noticed, that installing-uninstalling causes internal memory loss.
    My Samsung automatically updated Google Maps and Market. I manually uninstalled them, and internal memory got loss of 2mb. I wonder how many of used space is gone "empty"
  8. crisdonjake

crisdonjake Member

Here is the Instructions To Clear/Clean Internal Memory of Android Phones

1. Dial * # 9900 #

2. Select/Click "Copy to SD"..
    ( this will copy all dump files from internal to SD Card, because all dump files consumes large amount of internal memory) Note: Only Select the "Copy to SD" Be carefull...

And see the MAGGGGIIIICCCCCC internal MEMORY FREE..

. -----You May Experiment to Another Android Phones Using this Instructions------------------By: Donald IT/Support Doha Qatar...Mabuhay Pilipinas.!!!!...

And I HOPE IT HELPS A LOT....!!!!
    theaa, smsgAce and GrahamF like this.
  9. samsungand2011

samsungand2011 New Member

hi,
    just for information: what happen for new dump files?
    Will they move automatically to sd too??

thanks for reply

10. GrahamF

GrahamF Well-Known Member

Has anybody tried this yet?? I don't want to crash my Ace or wipe stuff I don't want to lose! I know, I'm a coward! Also, is this copying files or MOVING them, otherwise they'll be in 2 places?? Thanx. GrahamF. London :confused:
  11. Gammer

Gammer Well-Known Member

I've just done this,simple process Graham. Only freed up about 7mb for me though.
    GrahamF likes this.
  12. crisdonjake

crisdonjake Member

I posted this instructions to Help you GUyz.
    I'm telling you the truth that this would help your internal memory dump files to transfer to your SD..so you can save space in your internak memory. Gets?.

It won't delete the files so dont you worry about that..

...I am Helping Not Destroying....Just do it..no problem about that..
    ...100% it is working.
  13. crisdonjake

crisdonjake Member

My friend All dump files will just move to SD.. It wont delete the files anyway. Dump files are not exe file or important files. It's like notepad like logs etc.. My instructions is for moving only the dump files to SD card so you can save space in your internal memory..

OKei!!!.Try the magic..I already explained I hope it Helps you..
  14. crisdonjake

crisdonjake Member

I posted this instructions to Help you GUyz.
    I'm telling you the truth that this would help your internal memory dump files to transfer to your SD..so you can save space in your internak memory. Gets?.

It won't delete the files so dont you worry about that..

...I am Helping Not Destroying....Just do it..no problem about that..
    ...100% it is working.
    GrahamF likes this.
  15. GrahamF

Hi, thanks for the tip. I went ahead & did it. No problems & it freed up a few mb's! Any similar tips you want to pass on......?? :cool: GrahamF. London.
  16. crisdonjake

crisdonjake Member

..Aside from that, you need to download from the market the "App 2 SD.apk"..
    ..This software will delete all your "cache"..cache are extra files that remain if you uninstall some softwares and etc..

And also This software can move your applications to your SD memory..depends unto you..

Try to download that software and it's free..
    Goodlucks Guyz..
  17. crisdonjake

crisdonjake Member

..Aside from that, you need to download from the market the "App 2 SD.apk"..
    ..This software will delete all your "cache"..cache are extra files that remain if you uninstall some softwares and etc..

And also This software can move your applications to your SD memory..depends unto you..

Goodluck Abraham..
  18. crisdonjake

crisdonjake Member

.Aside from that, you need to download from the market the "App 2 SD.apk"..

Goodluck Abraham....
  19. cian11

cian11 New Member

can i delete all the dump file that were trasfered in to my SD card?
  20. SamsungAceUser

SamsungAceUser New Member

Same hiwth me.. it worked and for me it freed about 6 MB
  21. mvmsk

mvmsk Well-Known Member

*#9900# is not working,when i dail it..."connection problem or invalid mmi code" is displayed....???????
  22. pratik1788

pratik1788 New Member

First clean catch of application like fb,internet,market...
    then delete unnecessary application as application in SD also occupy some space in internal storage..so only deleting application that are in phone may not make big difference..
    go to setting->application-> all application

total of internal memory used is sum of memory used by all application irrespective of application is on phone memory or SD card
  23. GrahamF

Hi Cian, did you ever get a reply to this? or did you delete the dumped files on your SD Card? :confused: All OK? Thanx. Graham - London
  24. akshat812

akshat812 Active Member

use 'one click' app...it helps u to delete all d cache...clean it once a week n save 6-7mb..i use it n its 100% usefull