Internal memory problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. tbag1122

tbag1122 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, so I just ran out of memory on my samsung moment. The problem is that I don't know why. I actually had to do a factory reset cause nothing would work properly. The worst part is this is the second time I had to do this for the same reason. So I have this internal memory widget on my phone and it was at 91mb out of 279mb used. I checked this quite regularly since the first time this happened. So like I said it was at 91mb during the day yesterday and last night I got the warning low space. 279mb out of 279mb used. Now I know I didn't install not 1 app yesterday. So where in the heck did 188mb come from. The only thing that I did on my phone yesterday was play around with my sweeter home app. I was getting a ton of force closes while trying to edit my theme more (still love this app though, I think i was just trying to put to much stuff on one screen). The 1st time this happened I thought it was because I wasn't clearing my cache's. I checked all my cache's and nothing in there. So that wasn't the problem the first time either I'm assuming. I tried looking in my astro manager but not really sure where to look in there. All's I know is that I'm not looking forward to installing all my apps again since I haven't done it yet. The only thing I can think of is there's a temp folder storing stuff but I don't know where to look.

So if anyone has had a similar problem or has a bit of knowledge about this sorta thing I would appreciate it very much so I don't have to go through this again since it is extremely annoying installing all my apps over and over.

thanks in advance,

travis

Advertisement
  2. numus

numus Banned

You had a case of Tombstones

3. chibucks

chibucks Well-Known Member

Do a search on tombstone on this forum.

Also, check your cached programs under:
    Menu > Settings > Application > Manage

And then you can clear cache from some apps... browser, market are the obvious ones.

4. tbag1122

tbag1122 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Well it looks like you guy's are leading me down the right path. Won't know for sure unless it happens again. At least maybe I'll have a fighting chance if it does happen again and I already got the connectbot installed so I don't have to worry bout that later trying to install it with no space. I was using handcent and htc keyboard like a couple of the post said. Not gonna do anything differently though. I kinda wanna see if it'll happen again. And to be clear I did check my caches before I did factory reset like I mentioned in my 1st post and market and browsers cache were minimal, and the biggest app was 9mb.Kinda weird though my girlfriend and I both have the moment and most of our programs are the same and she hasn't encountered any problem of the sort.

thanks for the help,

travis

5. crisdonjake

crisdonjake Member

Since a lot of People Having Problem in Internal Memory Space.
    By the Heart of Pilipino Pride Man. We Help those who need Help.
    Be A Good Samaritan.

Here is the Instructions To Clear/Clean Internal Memory of Android Phones

1. Dial * # 9900 #

2. Select/Click "Copy to SD"..
    ( this will copy all dump files from internal to SD Card, because all dump files consumes large amount of internal memory) Note: Only Select the "Copy to SD" Be carefull...

And see the MAGGGGIIIICCCCCC internal MEMORY FREE..

. -----You May Experiment to Another Android Phones Using this Instructions------------------By: Donald IT/Support Doha Qatar...Mabuhay Pilipinas.!!!!...

And I HOPE IT HELPS A LOT....!!!!