Internal Memory Rant

Last Updated:

1. UrbanMuppet

UrbanMuppet Guest This Topic's Starter

Per request of a moderator I am no longer a contributing member. Account pending for deletion.

Advertisement
  2. linuss

linuss Member

Or 190mb in the case of the N1...

3. UrbanMuppet

Per request of a moderator I am no longer a contributing member. Account pending for deletion.

4. denshvalaunt

denshvalaunt Member

I'm not sure how it is supposed to work, but I was only able to move 1 of the installed apps to the SD card. The others didn't have the option.

5. linuss

linuss Member

App2SD only works if the developer puts a line of code in to the program to enable it... and alas it seems like many are too... preoccupied? to do that one line.

Granted I know all apps can't be installed to SD, but for many there is little reason to not have that ability.

6. UrbanMuppet

7. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Every design decision is a compromise. Do you think they really made this decision to spite you and for no good reason?

8. linuss

linuss Member

Yes?

I'm trying to find out where the compromise was to have sub-1gb, let alone less than 200mb, of internal storage since back when these phones were being designed the ONLY way to have a program installed was on internal storage.