Internal Memory suddenly full - Help!

Last Updated:

1. Pitmonkey

Pitmonkey Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys,

I've been running with about 15-20mb of memory left for the last couple of months perfectly happily, haven't installed any new apps...etc. This morning when I woke up the phone was suddenly reading completely full with something like 44kb of internal memory left. I went through and deleted a bunch of apps, emptied various caches and got the memory back down to 130mb of the 147mb.

Now, I've had my phone on charge all afternoon, maybe 3 texts and 5 emails have come in and all of a suddenly the memory is totally full again! Most apps now force close because there's not enough memory to run them but something is obviously just filling up the memory somehow.

Anybody else have this problem, or any ideas how to solve it?

Advertisement
  2. Pitmonkey

Pitmonkey Member This Topic's Starter

I've just checked AppBrain and the apps I had when the problem started this morning should only come to 41mb anyway. I've been looking for places to delete things to free up memory but I can't come up with anything on the internal chip that seems to be big enough to eat up all that space...

3. MF DROID

MF DROID Well-Known Member

i had this yesterday, delted my sent email from the htc mail, and restarted my phone went fron 13 to 31mb