Internal MemorySupport

Last Updated:

1. moutaindewdope

moutaindewdope Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sooo I have my music split between the Built in 8GB memory and the 8GB SD card I installed from my old eris phone.

In the HTC Stock music player, which is garbage and not useable IMHO, I can see all the music in both locations.

However in all the Market music programs, I cannot find one that can see all the music in both locations....

I've emailed the developer of one of the better programs that i've found, and got the response that He cannot support the droid as he does not have one to test builds on.

after going back and forth with him for a few I got the response that :

The Android multimedia database uses content provider with Uri Media.Audio.EXTERNAL_STORAGE for files in sdcard, but on Incredible it's not scanned to there, but somewhere else.
    And since database query needs the Uri, it's non of the busniess of media folder filters, 'cause the original query itself can't find the information of files in Incredible's internal memory.

I was wondering if there was a way to either mount the Internal memory as a folder on the SD card... Or if any1 knows enuf about coding for the Incredible to suggest how to go about including the Internal Memory location along with the SD card...

If that's not possible... does any1 know of a program that supports both memories and/or when there will be more support for our Hi-Tech dual memory phones?

Advertisement
  2. woop

woop novacane (OFWGKTA) VIP Member

The problem is apps are unable to recognize the internal memory right now. Just put all your music on your microSD for now, and it should work.

3. moutaindewdope

moutaindewdope Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

lol not enuf space for all the music and still be able to use the card for other things ... I got alot of music.