• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Internal Memory?

Okay, i've had my lg optimus f3 for about 2 years now and i've only used it for youtube, emails etc. Except now I have been trying to get some games but it just says "there is insufficient space on this device" my system memory is full, but my internal memory is empty, i've tried to move my apps to the internal memory but the option in the settings menu is greyed out and unselectable? Someone please help me, it's been bugging me for months now... ;(

System memory is where the Android OS is installed, also apps, emails, texts and some other stuff are there.

Internal memory is where user data, aka photos, videos, music, documents, misc downloaded stuff (not apps) and some other stuff are there.

Moving apps to internal storage, even if you could by rooting (and if you have to ask what it is you're not ready to try it), would probably not gain a lot of space in system memory because it only moves part of the app - some of the app must be in system memory for it to function. Sometimes none of an app can be moved.

What you need to do is get rid of some stuff in system memory - uninstall apps, delete emails, texts, etc. To install games you may have to clear out quite a lot. Some games are real space hogs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones