Internal Phone Storage UnavailableSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bearly

Bearly Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I connected the Incredible to my mac and did not touch the internal storage; I just created a folder on the SD card to move a ringtone over from my laptop.

Now, when I load up the camera, I get a message:

Phone storage is full or unavailable. Storage has been switched to SD card.

What gives?

UPDATE:

I just shut it down - duh :)

After rebooting, it was able to read the internal phone storage. Not sure why it did that.

Please post your experiences if you get the same problem.

Advertisement
  2. cougar618

cougar618 Member

I have the same issue when I connect my phone to my come in windows 7. I end up just going into the notification bar ant setting it to charge only then going back and selecting disk again for both of them to show up.

3. nickmnusa

nickmnusa Active Member

This just happend to me as well only I was not hooked to the computer. Tried to download a file it said "not enough memory" so checked it out and it said unavailable. Shut her down and back on and now reads fine have had it since release day and this is the first time.

4. sontaikle

sontaikle Well-Known Member

I've been having the same issue lately on both my Mac and various PCs. I found that switching the connection to just charge over USB and then back to Disk Drive worked. But I thought it was rather odd it would read the SD card and not the phone storage.

5. lilsaphyre

lilsaphyre Well-Known Member

I had a similar issue. I called Verizon tech support and they told me to call *228 and press 1. It fixed that problem right up for me. Maybe it will work for you too.

6. kriskmk

kriskmk Well-Known Member

do you have USB debugging mode ON? with that you should be able to access the phone's internal memory.